Official® Thursday Night Dinner ~ 10/07/2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I really don't feel like cooking at all, again, today, so I went Deep Freeze Diving and came up with this

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg
(file photos)

Local-Style (reads as from Hawaii) Beef Stew.
We make ours a touch different and it's always served up with two scoops of Rice and if you're real luck a scoop of Macaroni Salad. :yum:

What'cha cookin' up?

Kgirl, that stew looks delicious. But, to me, it looks like beef stew with a side of rice. What makes it different?

I wasn't inspired, so I made bachelor surprise. I used up a chicken breast and an Italian sausage that were both already cooked. Sliced 'em up and used that as the protein in the bachelor surprise. I sautéed the meat with "stir fry mix" vegis from the freezer, as well as some frozen green beans and corn. I added some cooked brown basmati rice and green masala paste. Then, I added a mixture of tamari, vegi stock, and corn starch, followed by a handful of pea shoots. It was pretty good, especially for an uninspired meal.

Attachments

• Bachelor surpise with chicken and Italian sausage.jpg
    Bachelor surpise with chicken and Italian sausage.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Kgirl, that stew looks delicious. But, to me, it looks like beef stew with a side of rice. What makes it different?

I wasn't inspired, so I made bachelor surprise. I used up a chicken breast and an Italian sausage that were both already cooked. Sliced 'em up and used that as the protein in the bachelor surprise. I sautéed the meat with "stir fry mix" vegis from the freezer, as well as some frozen green beans and corn. I added some cooked brown basmati rice and green masala paste. Then, I added a mixture of tamari, vegi stock, and corn starch, followed by a handful of pea shoots. It was pretty good, especially for an uninspired meal.

In Hawaii, we use Tomato Product. I've seen very few recipes here in the Continental United States like this one...
https://www.foodland.com/recipe/local-style-beef-stew

I've also seen many recipes that use vinegar and/or Red Wine.
We locals (aka folks from Hawaii) love our Gravy and Rice.
In fact, that's what I had for breakfast this morning.
I had some leftover Sausage Gravy and poured that over some leftover Rice and Bob's Your Uncle... it was ONO (Hawaiian for delicious) :yum:

Pan-fried NY strip steak and sesame noodles.

strip_steak_100721_img_8768-jpg.45259

Mocha cake for dessert.

mocha_cake_100721_img_8766-jpg.45260

After working to get my hydroponic gardens prepped for planting soon, I didn't feel like cooking much. I found some World's Best Lasagna in the freezer, thawed it and popped it in the oven. Made some garlic toast and, ta-da, dinner! It was great and I slept the night thru too. I think it will be a great day today!

Breaded coconut jumbo shrimp, with oven crisped french fries, steamed green beans, and my pineapple sweet & Sour sauce. Chocolate Ovaltine with added vanilla, malt powder, and a little cream, all spun up in the blender for the kids. Rice milk for me. Shrimp were cooked until crispy in the oven.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom