Post your turkey leftover recipes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nothing fancy. we like a repeat of the original, turkey sandwiches, turkey enchiladas, turkey Tetrazini, turkey divin (both actually really tasty if you make your own bechamel) and of course SOUP. I like fresh veg in mine so often go with cauliflower and escarole both great soup veg ( and some wild rice)

I like to make this at least once if there any leftovers.
Curried Turkey over Rice.
Brown some onion slices in butter, throw in some minced garlic, add turkey. Add a couple teaspoons of Curry powder (or paste, my preference is red curry paste) and a small container of yogurt.
Smmer for a few minutes and, if you wish, at the last minute, you can throw in any veggies you may have left over. A few butter beans, garden peas and/or sliced carrots are mighty good. Most any will be good, and as they are already cooked, just let them get heated through.
Serve over Rice.

Beth's Turkey and Spinach Lasagna

6 cups, more or less, turkey, cubed
1 package lasagna noodles, prepared as directed
10 oz fresh spinach, roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 shallots, chopped
8 oz sliced mushrooms, white or crimini
1 tbsp butter or olive oil
2 bottles alfredo sauce, your choice of flavors
1 medium tomato, well chopped
2 Tbsp Parsley
2 eggs
16 oz Ricotta cheese
8 oz Mozarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesian cheese
1/2 tsp Seasoned Pepper

Prepare the noodles as directed.
Saute the garlic and shallots in the butter. When about halfway done, add the mushrooms and cook 3 more minutes.
Mix the turkey, mushroom mix, ricotta, parmesian, parsley, eggs, half of the Mozarella and pepper in a bowl. You can add the Alfredo sauces too, or pour them on separately.
Place a layer of noodles on the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 12 casserole pan.
Add a layer of the cheese mixture, then a layer of spinach, then more pasta. Add Alfredo sauce if not already mixed in.
Repeat until you run out of room. Top with the remaining Mozarella... use more if you desire! Sprinkle the chopped tomato and a bit of spinach on top, and pop it into the oven.
350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Uncover, cook 10 minutes more. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.

Embarrassingly simple (you didn't hear this from me) comfort foods:

Turkey Ramen Soup

1 package of dried chicken ramen soup (get the cheap kind; you know... the 10 for a buck packages).
Make per directions but add only half the seasoning packet.
Add left over turkey and a big spoonful of left over gravy - maybe 1/4 C

Turkey on toast
Mix bite sized pieces of turkey into left over gravy and heat.
Served over toast.

Turkey Salad sandwiches
Cold chopped turkey
diced sweet pickles
diced celery
Mayo
salt and pepper to taste

Bread for sandwiches - best on toasted bread.
For the diced veggies in the salad, raid the leftover relish tray You could use almost any veggies including radishes.
If you want to seriously jazz up a turkey salad sandwich, add a slice of crisp bacon and some shredded lightly brined (pickled) cabbage to top the turkey salad.

Last edited:
Sliced breast meat, lots of mayo, bacon and Swiss cheese, lettuce & tomato on Rye or white toast.

860687e9-deb4-48b1-8f15-99e4b748acd0.jpg

Layer turkey, gravy, green beans, sweeet potatoes, gravy and stuffing into a loaf pan. Heat @ 350 for 20 to 30 minutes. Slice and serve like meatloaf/shepard's pie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom