Pulled Meat Mix Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flowerchildmol

Assistant Cook
I have some chicken and some seasoned pork I want to get rid of. Can I put nothing the crock pot with BBQ sauce and make pulled chicken/pork?

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

Sure, I don't see why not. Assuming they're already cooked, I wouldn't put them in for very long - maybe a couple of hours. You could also do that in a pot on the stovetop.

No, sorry, I didn't explain well. They r both uncooked and I was going to cook them together in the crock pot the shred together.

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

Sure, I don't see why not. Assuming they're already cooked, I wouldn't put them in for very long - maybe a couple of hours. You could also do that in a pot on the stovetop.

I've made both pulled pork and pulled chicken in the CP, separately. Cooking them together should work. Put the chicken in later.

Last edited:
Depending on what cut of pork you use the chicken will be very overcooked by the time the pork is cooked to the point that it shreds.

Don't cook them together. I wouldn't.

Never had pulled chicken and pork together so I can't say it will not be good.
But I can assure you if I had this to do, they would be cooked separately even if you use the exact same method.

Have pulled chicken and pulled pork.

jennyema is right about the chicken cooking before the pork. You could add the chicken about halfway through the cooking time and then they should be done at the same time.

Don't cook them together. I wouldn't.

Never had pulled chicken and pork together so I can't say it will not be good.
But I can assure you if I had this to do, they would be cooked separately even if you use the exact same method.

Have pulled chicken and pulled pork.

I wouldn't put the meats together either, it just doesn't sound appealing to me.

You could could use two separate pots on top of the stove, and then test drive the combination on a sandwich and see if you like it that way. Otherwise you could have one ruined big pot of meat.

I make a couple of dinners in the slow cooker that are shredded at the end, one with chicken and one with pork. On low, the pork cooks for 9 to 10 hours and the chicken cooks for 6 hours. I haven't experimented with varying the cooking times, but these work.

I've never mixed meats, but I would think the BBQ sauce would mask a lot of the meat flavors.

I cook pork and turkey in my "slow cooker" at least once every year.:angel::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom