Simple fresh strawberry pie recipe? (glaze help)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popcaution

Assistant Cook
First off, hi, I'm new! I actually joined just so I could ask this question...

Tonight a friend and I made a fresh strawberry pie, which is currently chilling in the fridge. "You already made the pie! Why are you asking for a recipe?" Well, I've made a strawberry pie before, a few times, but probably not more recently than two or so years ago. I can't find the recipe I originally used, so I had to go with a new one. What I'm going for is a really, really basic fresh strawberry pie: basic butter crust, whole fresh strawberries, and a simple glaze.

The glaze is where I'm running into problems. All the recipes I found in my desperate googling wanted me to either a) use strawberry jello, or b) crush or use more strawberries in some other form. This doesn't mesh with what I remember of my lost recipe. I remember the glaze being really basic; I suspect merely water + sugar + thickening agent, but I can't remember what that agent was (cornstarch? unflavored gelatin? tapioca?), or what the proportions were. I really like doing things very simply and kind of old fashioned, I guess is the reason for my obsession with this plain glaze.

Anyway, am I deranged or does anyone else make strawberry pies like this?

I usually use apricot jam for glazes. Warm 2 tablesppons of jam in a saucepan with a little water. When melted, brush over your flan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom