Stew Meat Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use stew meat for beef stroganoff or beef bourguignon. I make sure to trim any silver skin or sinew from the stew meat. Simmer for a long period of time to be sure it's tender before adding the more delicate ingredients such as sour cream, wine and/or mushrooms.

Stew meat for stew obviously... cabbage stew is good this time of year for chilly weather folks. Stroganoff as Aurora said is awesome. Chili!!! There are some versions of SOS that use stew meat.

I also use stew meat when I make cabbage soup. I brown the stew meat cut into bite size pieces, add onions and celery and continue to brown. Add stock or water, carroway seeds (optional), canned whole, diced or crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste, 1 or 2 potatoes and/or carrots diced, 1/2 to 1 head of cabbage shredded into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces.

Simmer for 1/2 to 3/4 hour to soften the cabbage. I prefer to have the cabbage on the crunchy side.

Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinegar about 10 to 15 minutes to the soup before turning off the heat.

This is the way my dear departed Lithuanian Grandmother made it so it's a childhood memory and favorite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom