Sunday dinner, April 23, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Stone crab claws and knuckle meat with homemade mustard sauce and a Cesar salad, homemade dressing, with leaf lettuce instead of romaine.
20230423_174852.jpg

ohhh, so great looking medtran!

tonight had my beloved poutine with a side of a dish I found here - Spinach Squares .

Didn't have enough tomato to cover the top and it really needed it as I added too much spinach. There you go, cooking terminology on our own website! A bunch of spinach! 16 oz. ricotta cheese - is that weight or volume? (Actually, for ricotta, is pretty much the same :blush:) Aside from a little on the dry side - was great!
20230423_170619.jpg

ohhh, so great looking medtran!

tonight had my beloved poutine with a side of a dish I found here - Spinach Squares .

Didn't have enough tomato to cover the top and it really needed it as I added too much spinach. There you go, cooking terminology on our own website! A bunch of spinach! 16 oz. ricotta cheese - is that weight or volume? (Actually, for ricotta, is pretty much the same :blush:) Aside from a little on the dry side - was great!
View attachment 64354
Thanks! I've been wanting some and they'll soon be out of season.

I would skip the flour if you make again. The eggs should be enough of a binder.

I made a pork and vegi stir fry, following a Danish recipe with ingredients that are readily available in Denmark. I made a couple of changes. I used hoisin sauce instead of brown sugar (it was easier to find). I used shitake mushrooms and chopped them small, rather than slicing and using button mushrooms. DH liked them that way. Also, I add some leafy greens near the end: some young rainbow chard, a few limp lettuce leaves, and some tatsoi. It really could have used some ginger and maybe some garlic. We added some leftover nuok cham me and that really kicked it up a notch. I served it with brown basmati rice.

Attachments

• Stir fried veggies and pork with brown basmati rice 2.jpg
    Stir fried veggies and pork with brown basmati rice 2.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Stir fried veggies and pork with brown basmati rice.jpg
    Stir fried veggies and pork with brown basmati rice.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 3
Yum-o guys!

I saw this on some You Tube video and had to try - AF Chicken Wings!
It just sounded like a "classic pizza joint" kinda meal, add a salad and some pizza ...
IMG_2899.JPG

DH was all over this!
That's TJ's Mini Pizzas, very inexpensive frozen Wings and a nice chopped Salad.
Oh, and see those croutons, they're homemade by one of my Neighborhood Gal Pals, who did a "door dash" this afternoon along with some of the containers (cleaned of course) from dishes that I've shared with her.
NICE!

baked ww sliced bread with tofu lemon garlic cream on top, with red lentil indian curry for breakfast. 1/2 a meal sized salad and fermented 9 grain flakes with chunky apple sauce, cinnamon, flax and chia seeds, honey for dinner.
Mr bliss had almond milk no-cheeze sauce with ww macaroni and broccoli for his mac and cheeze addiction. MMMMM.

thank you medtran - I will be probably making it again and I will leave out the flour. The inside was actually quite moist, mostly the top were there was no tomato was a bit missing.

CG - lol - thought they were stuffed mushroom too, yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom