Sunday dinner, June 11, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
From many, many years back, the signature salad made tableside from The Rusty Pelican in Key Biscayne, Florida. We made it a meal salad by increasing the "goodies." The dressing is their special honey-mustard.
20230611_180341.jpg

My first attempt at Mie Goreng from basic ingredients. Some Choy Sum for vegie matter. Pic is sad. Out of focus, poor light. Makes it look worse than it was.
PXL_20230611_232133655.jpg

Color is too light. I'd like more lime juice than it called for.

Even though I cut the chiles way down there were still comments of "that's got some burn!" It did taste pretty good.

We had some "Gourmet Sausages in Puff Pastry", dumplings, crudités, and salad. Those "gourmet sausage" things were sold as a frozen appetizer. It was more like pigs in a blanket with uninteresting, short wieners wrapped in second rate puff pastry. I'm glad to have that freezer space back.

I made 4 pizzas. They were small pizzas. I used Tipo 1 flour and it worked. They came out good, but they look burned in the picture, so, not posting. I made each one a tad different...and 1 really different. So, 3 with red sauce and 1 was pesto. The pesto pizza got mushrooms, fontina and a bit of sliced onion. The red ones got moz, and 2 had cheddar too. Pepperoni, onion, tomatoes, all the usual suspects showed up in one or more of them. We have leftovers, enough for another meal. And I stored the l/o in one of these: Perfect Pizza Storage - it works great and takes up so much less space too.

Back
Top Bottom