Supper 2022 February 25 - Friday night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I made Mongolian beef and a Chinese cucumber salad*. Served with brown rice**. I have made the Mongolian beef before, but followed my own suggestions for tweaking it and they worked well. That was one satisfying, yummy meal.

Mongolian beef, Szechuan cucumber salad, and brown rice.gif

Mongolian beef on brown rice and  Szechuan cucumber salad.gif

*Thank you for that recipe recommendation GG. Stirling was surprised that he liked it. Now, it will be worth getting that black Chinese vinegar. I assume it will make it even better.

**Thank you blissful for the directions for the "pasta method" of cooking brown rice. We did find that there was less of the distinctly basmati flavour in the rice cooked this way. That actually simplifies my life. I can cook it this way for East Asian dishes, where basmati might be a little too flavourful.

Last edited:
I made a couple quarts of French onion soup tonight. I set a quart aside for the neighbor who snowblows our driveway, we had plenty to fill up on, and I still have a Corningware Grab-It bowl worth leftover. The last of my no-knead bread is hiding under the cheese. All good stuff!

IMG_20220225_220654809_HDR.jpg

*Thank you for that recipe recommendation GG. Stirling was surprised that he liked it. Now, it will be worth getting that black Chinese vinegar. I assume it will make it even better.

You're welcome! I'm glad you and Stirling enjoyed it. The Chinese black vinegar has a unique flavor. I've seen people recommend using balsamic as a substitute, but to me, they're not even close in flavor. I think you'll like it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom