TGI Friday's Dinner - 2/26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's T-Bone (Air Fryer) , Turnip Fries with Sweet Peppers .........

T-Bone , Air Fryer, Turnip Fries.jpg

I reheated some frozen meatloaf and served it with brown basmati rice, a green salad with homemade vinaigrette, and we used the last of the nước chấm on the rice and meatloaf.

Mom's sandwiches, a sandwich I came up with when DD was a tween. She'll be 43 in about 14 hours from now. This version was pastrami, corned beef, munster cheese, tomatoes, sour pickles, 1000 island dressing. They were good, but something was missing and craig and i can't figure out what it is. I thought it had 3 meats, he thought just 2, but we do agree something was missing. I'm thinking ham. Oh, it's on homemade rustic bread and dipped in egg wash, then fried in an oil/butter mix.

Attachments

• 2021-02-26 19.42.46.jpg
    2021-02-26 19.42.46.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 159
I made a delicious dish today, Keema - a traditional Indian dish: Garam Masala Spiced Ground Beef. (also made with goat, lamb, and other meats). I saw this recipe in the March/April Cook's Illustrated, and I knew I had to make it when I saw it! I made this using some ground venison (these friends are the ones that gave me the venison) in place of ground beef, and everyone who tried it loved it. And I got a really good compliment from my Indian lady friend, when she said that she hadn't tasted any keema that good since she was visiting a relative in Moga - she always thought that they had some ingredient that we couldn't get over here! The only unusual ingredients out of the 18 would be the Kashmiri pepper, and black cardamom. What it probably was was the method, using whole and ground spices, rather than just a store-bought garam masala - even homemade garam masala would be different, as in this, the whole spices are cooked in the oil, giving a different flavor. We had it with some dal, some naan, and some raita she had made earlier, and she put in the frozen peas when we reheated the keema.
Whole and ground spices, for Keema. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Whole spices and onions browning in oil for Keema. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Ground spices added to the cooked ground meat, for the Keema. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Chopped up tomatoes and yogurt, added to the seasoned meat for the Keema. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Keema, not quite finished cooking, with a little liquid left to cook off. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Keema, before adding the peas (I did not have any, but my friend did). by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom