The "what are you listening to now" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Last edited:
Well, I accidentally clicked on the OP, and saw the "No Heavy Metal" admonition. I'm not sure what Caslon calls Heavy Metal, it could be Metallica (I'm not a fan), or it could be the music I came of age with, like RUSH, Van Halen, Sammy Haggar and even AC/DC.

Now, I also have an appreciation for Sinatra, Willie Nelson, the Beach Boys and Bill Withers.

Anyway, tonight I'm listening to the kind of rock I listened to an played in High School, although this song is from 2009. It's not for everyone, but what is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHqA6HtVU70

CD

I'm all over the place tonight. I stumbled on a video of a classmate and bandmate of mine from High School. She stuck with the music, while the rest of went on to other things.

I found this (poor quality) video of her at the House of Blues, with an interesting intro. She used to be Michael Jackson's tour guitarist, so I guess she knows people who know people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa0D_5zEhL0

I have a couple of HS Yearbook photos of Becky, my best friend Marty, and me playing a Beatles medley at half-time in HS. Guess which one is me. hint, Becky is a girl.

CD

Attachments

• BMG800600.jpg
    BMG800600.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 132
I wish I had bothered to download that video post of mine and blurred out Roman Polanski's face. He's accused of a sex with a minor in the 70's, I'm not sure if he was tried in abstentia and found guilty or not. There sure is a lot of that kind of thing in the news today.

I know this place is G - Rated, but jeesh. My post was about a big eyed beauty put to a Dylan song. I have no regrets posting a collage of Sharon Tate photos put to song that includes a couple shots of her husband. I wish I had blurred his face out. Then there would be no need to have replaced my posted video with another.

Last edited:
I wish I had bothered to download that video post of mine and blurred out Roman Polanski's face. He's accused of a sex with a minor in the 70's, I'm not sure if he was tried in abstentia and found guilty or not. There sure is a lot of that kind of thing in the news today.

I know this place is G-Rated, but jeesh. My post was about a big eyed beauty put to a Dylan song. I have no regrets posting a collage of Sharon Tate photos put to song that includes a couple shots of her husband. I wish I had blurred his face out. Then there would be no need to have replaced my posted video with another.

I must have missed that post. I don't know what you are referencing.

You are not responsible for the actions of others. I think Kevin Spacey is an outstanding actor. Harvey Weinstein produced some great movies. I am certainly not condoning their behavior by saying they made some great movies. They did make some great movies... and they did do some awful things. I can say both of those things without any guilt. Both are true.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom