The "what are you listening to now" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope nobody gets upset with this, just HAD to share...........

.The story behind the greatest Country song ever written, with a video of George singing it live ............

https://www.wideopencountry.com/story-behind-george-jones-stopped-loving-today/

Thank you for this.. :)

I grew up with Jazz as my standard music. Rhythm & Blues and Rock & Roll took me to adulthood.. I caught on to Country in the late 60's and because of artist such as Nelson, Haggard, Cash and Jones, it has remained a favorite to this day..

I consider "He Stopped Loving Her Today" to be my most cherished country song..

Ross

auntvera.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qUiostVFEc

Last edited:
Well, actually, since I haven't the opportunity to enjoy my audio books from the library, I've been availing myself of my decent CD music library. Today was a mix of Yanni, which my girls totally enjoyed, along with some old, old, Frank Sinatra discs. My music tastes include so many different things.

Last week we had Mason Williams, Charlie Vassar and Van Cliburn.

Whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying Katie...We are close to the same age, and for a long time, I've said my favorites are "Old Music by Dead People".
I'm thoroughly enjoying Alexa requests for my music with the Amazon Echo, with the additional sub woofer. The sound is just spectacular with no monster system I once owned with all the hundreds of CD's. I gave it all away in favor of new technology for a fraction of the cost not to mention the complexity of my previous "expensive boat anchor system" that took up so much room in my bookcase. I'm a happy girl with an entire library of every kind of music, some of which I had never enjoyed before, like music for artists still living. ;)

This entire new system we have was around $200, and takes up so little space. It's just amazing to me.

I hear what you're saying Katie...We are close to the same age, and for a long time, I've said my favorites are "Old Music by Dead People".
I'm thoroughly enjoying Alexa requests for my music with the Amazon Echo, with the additional sub woofer. The sound is just spectacular with no monster system I once owned with all the hundreds of CD's. I gave it all away in favor of new technology for a fraction of the cost not to mention the complexity of my previous "expensive boat anchor system" that took up so much room in my bookcase. I'm a happy girl with an entire library of every kind of music, some of which I had never enjoyed before, like music for artists still living. ;)

This entire new system we have was around $200, and takes up so little space. It's just amazing to me.

Tell me more, please. I am an Amazon Prime member and would like to know how to set this up. Thanks.

Tell me more, please. I am an Amazon Prime member and would like to know how to set this up. Thanks.
Hopefully you have a router with WiFi capability. Alexa and the sub woofer work through WiFi.
We have an Amazon music subscription which is $3.99 a month. However, Pandora is free.
You can set it up on your PC and it is fairly easy.
Kayelle is thrilled as she loves to have music in the house all the time. I hope this will work for you and if you need help let me know.

Tennessee Whiskey Lyrics

"Tennessee Whiskey"
(originally by David Allan Coe)

Used to spend my nights out in a barroom
Liquor was the only love I'd known
But you rescued me from reachin' for the bottom
And brought me back from being too far gone

You're as smooth as Tennessee whiskey
You're as sweet as strawberry wine
You're as warm as a glass of brandy
And honey, I stay stoned on your love all the time

I've looked for love in all the same old places
Found the bottom of a bottle always dry
But when you poured out your heart I didn't waste it
'Cause there's nothing like your love to get me high

[Instrumental]

Tennessee whiskey
Tennessee whiskey

Tennessee whiskey
Tennessee whiskey

Hopefully you have a router with WiFi capability. Alexa and the sub woofer work through WiFi.
We have an Amazon music subscription which is $3.99 a month. However, Pandora is free.
You can set it up on your PC and it is fairly easy.
Kayelle is thrilled as she loves to have music in the house all the time. I hope this will work for you and if you need help let me know.

Thank you!

Molly Tuttle and Old Crow Medicine Show cover "Helpless"

I really like these new-fangled music subscriptions. Have used Pandora and Amazon Music but settled pretty much settled on Spotify. I think they all give you the option to like and "un-like?" individual songs, artists, and albums. As you make tens or hundreds of thousand such choices of the years, the algorithms become uncanny at predicting what you will like. I get daily, weekly, and monthly playlists of old and new material that is literally targeted specifically to my tastes.
YouTube tries to do somethin simular on a much smaller scale.

Spotify knows I loved Déjà Vu, the old Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young album. They also know I'm partial to Old Crowe Medicine Show and have an Old Man's crush on Molly Tuttle.

So last week when Miss Tuttle teamed up with Old Crow Medicine Show to share a new version of the Neil Young classic “Helpless,” with 100% of proceeds going to WhyHunger’s COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund, Spotify "knew" it couldn't go wrong by including it with the New Releases it sends me every week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjVZDKCX_AQ

More New-Fangled Music Bidness Stuff

I've been noticing fewer complaints about how big labels and the music subscription businesses short-change artist, and more examples of how artists are using those services along with self-publishing, YouTube live-streaming, Patreon subscriptions, and Pay What You Can performances; both live and online, to circumvent the power of a "Music Establishment."

I'm a fan of "Old Time" music. Not the 1980s and '90s, mind you. I'm talking 1920's and '30's when that day's dominant Music Moguls were sending out expeditions to track down regional musical talent unknown to Tin Pan Alley and the fledgling radio business. They were largely successful in that endeavor and made some "stars" and invented some new musical genres but the cost was a Musical Industrial Complex that has been lamented ever since.

Anyway, I applaud those young Artists creatively reinventing the business they've chosen and I support them where I can. It probably has never been easier or more rewarding for fans to enjoy and support the little guys who aren't necessarily supported or controlled by Industry King-makers.

And now I return you to regularly scheduled programming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA9uZFSFMsQ

Back
Top Bottom