Thur May 31, 2018 - What's For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
I haven't participated much in the dinner threads lately as I've been stuck in kind of a rut. A month ago I bought $600 worth of beef at Costco, so it seems like every night since then has been beef something.

Tonight I decided to go with the other white meat. I made a pork chop in the sous vide, and then opted to finish it off on the grill. Well, it finished nice on one side before I ran out of propane! :glare: So the other side got seared on the stove. Sides are wine-braised red cabbage and mustard dill faux-tato salad.

jGjAtGP.jpg

That looks wonderful Steve, and at least you got the nice grill marks before you ran out of propane! :yum: I know what you mean about being in a cooking rut....and I don't know as it's been so much of a "rut", but I've been having lots of fruits, veggie salads, cheeses, crackers, deviled eggs, etc. and don't want to be redundant with posting pics of them. :ermm::LOL:
-------------------------------------
This afternoon's dinner will be loaded up nachos. Earlier today I got everything prepped, just a matter of putting everything together once Tyler gets picked up. :)

Marinated steak tips on the grill, grilled veggies, corn on the cob. Used the new Weber SS grill basket for the first time. The old basket was looking a little grungy, in spite of best efforts to clean it after a lot of years of use.

Like Steve - been in a bit of a rut. Must be the weather/season? Went deep freezer diving and came up with - and I won't gross you out with some of the dates I found on the packages!

Eggplant patties, freezer burned shrimp (wow - I have NEVER had freezer burn on shrimps before! - but they were tasty once cooked! - whew!) some chicken tenders - and found a bunch more bags of Brussel Sprouts from last years garden. All in all.... very tasty!

Attachments

• 20180531_185817.jpg
    20180531_185817.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 171
We had salads again - so glad warmer weather is here...for now. I also used the extra chicken from yesterday's cook and make chicken-bacon-provolone panini. Klondike bars for dessert. :yum:

Pizzas on the grill using an overnight fermented no-knead dough and fresh mozzarella except for the last one.
Pepperoni
Italian sausage with peppers and onions
Margharita
Sauteed spinach and mushrooms with smoked fresh mozzarella

Two days late, but I've been crunched for time.

My customer took his customer and me to Capital Grill in Sarasota. I had pan seared scallops that were perfectly cooked, and served on an asparagus puree with asparagus tips. Awesome! My customer ordered family-style sides including grilled asparagus, truffle fries, Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes and mac-n-cheese. I was stuffed.

But, this customer (for over ten years) has a big-time sweet tooth. He ordered one of everything on the desert menu for three of us to share. I had about one bite of each -- that's enough for me.

Sorry, no pictures. It was a pretty impressive spread. The dessert spread was ridiculous.

CD

Back
Top Bottom