Thursday 8/25/16 What Are Your Dinner Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I served leftover smoked barbecued beef over pasta with pickles - spicy veg pickles on top and dill and watermelon rind pickles on the top. It was pretty spicy, so I added a dollop of sour cream after I started eating.

Attachments

• 1472217255786.jpg
    1472217255786.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 92
Craig's been going through our old Bon Appetits (and we're talking YEARS here) cutting out recipes we might be interested in so we can get rid of some of the clutter. He found a recipe for chicken marinated in orange, lime, lemon juices and zests plus some cilantro and I have no idea what else. They baked it, which I personally think was just wrong, but he grilled it, along with some red bells, onions, zucchini and yellow squash. So, we had a nice healthy but tasty meal last night.

Craig's been going through our old Bon Appetits (and we're talking YEARS here) cutting out recipes we might be interested in so we can get rid of some of the clutter. He found a recipe for chicken marinated in orange, lime, lemon juices and zests plus some cilantro and I have no idea what else. They baked it, which I personally think was just wrong, but he grilled it, along with some red bells, onions, zucchini and yellow squash. So, we had a nice healthy but tasty meal last night.

Consider taking picture of each recipe and storing them on your computer. That way you don't have to deal with the cut out pieces of paper. Gotta love smartphones.

Consider taking picture of each recipe and storing them on your computer. That way you don't have to deal with the cut out pieces of paper. Gotta love smartphones.

I can't cook from my smartphone or computer. I take the little pieces of paper and tape them onto a big piece of paper and put it in my recipe binders.

Attachments

• 1472223514169.jpg
    1472223514169.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 108
Tonight I feel like doing kebabs and tabbouleh. It's really hot today. The harvest season looks like it'll be a bit early this year, the chardonnay's picked first, then the Moscato (sweet dessert wine), then the Cortese (dry white) the Favorita (dry white) and then all the reds (Barbera, Barolo, and quite a few others). The hillsides are alive with grape pickers! After dinner, we'll sit on the balcony and enjoy the view, and then Lucas'll get his walk. I'm really looking to the dinner though. I love Lebanese food and it's perfect for hot days.

di reston

Enough is never as good as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

We had...

Pork Sausage Gravy over Grands! Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits

Leafy green lettuce served with cooked crumbled bacon, slices of hard boiled eggs, croutons, grape tomatoes from our garden, and topped with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese and honey mustard salad dressing

I can't cook from my smartphone or computer. I take the little pieces of paper and tape them onto a big piece of paper and put it in my recipe binders.

That's what we've been doing for years when we have print recipes. If we find something in electronic format, that's how it gets saved. I've been slowly working on uploading the electronic recipes to cloud storage.

We bought tablets to use for reading and cooking purposes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom