Tuesday 3/27/2012, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No idea. DH is out of town. Have been working my way through the tuna casserole, but after three meals of it in a row, I only know what I'm NOT having tonight.

Am thinking I will stop by everyone else's kitchen, fork in hand. Yum!!

Last edited:
FluffyAngel said:
Thinking about Chicken casserole topped with crescent rolls, root mash, caramelized turnips - maybe, & considering a strawberry or peach cobbler, or pecan pie.

Went with strawberry cobbler.

I made a sort of calzone with chicken, bacon, bbq sauce, sauteed red onions, mozzarella, cheddar, colby-jack, and fresh mozzarella.

051.jpg What we had!

We had The Colors Of Indian Cooking: Get Down To Your Roots, Turnip Masala, but I made it with rutabaga. I also made a Kashmiri beef curry using the recipe on the jar of Patek's Kashmiri masala paste. DH had brown basmati rice and whole grain pita (subbing for chapati). It was really good, and hot. I needed to add some lemon juice to my water. That was sinus clearing. I will be tweaking that vegi recipe. The beef recipe doesn't need any tweaking :yum:

Nice! Blended? Recipe please?

A can of diced tomatoes, a can of chicken stock, a can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed), 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped. I had about 1/4 cup cooked barley that I tossed in, too. Sea Salt and pepper to taste.

Trying to figure out if I have to go to the store before making lunch (our big meal of the day now) to make something that fits into DH's rotation diet for his intolerances.

Also trying to find the missing government slip to finish off my Dad's 2011 taxes. I have to have them in this week. :wacko:

Legally you are not required to finish your dad's taxes until six months after he died. However, if you are dealing with the distribution of his assets, you may be in more of a hurry, since the executor is personally liable for any income tax owing, if the estate is distributed before the notice of assessment. That would include the 2012 N of A.

PrincessFiona60 said:
A can of diced tomatoes, a can of chicken stock, a can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed), 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped. I had about 1/4 cup cooked barley that I tossed in, too. Sea Salt and pepper to taste.

I have all of those! Thanks, PF!

Rock's Haluski (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/monday-3-26-2012-whats-cookin-78667.html)

I didn't have onions, so I sauteed leeks; added some fresh tomatoes when I tossed it together. Tossed in about 2 T caraway when I was cooking the noodles (grabbed the wrong jar--used jumbo shells). Used 2/3 sour cream and about 2 T cream cheese. Nice, I'll do this again. (Don't know why the pic looks pink--I added a homemade dill pickle as a side--couldn't find the beet pickles in the back of the fridge). Thanks Rock!

Attachments

• Hilsinki 001.jpg
    Hilsinki 001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Rock's Haluski (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/monday-3-26-2012-whats-cookin-78667.html)

I didn't have onions, so I sauteed leeks; added some fresh tomatoes when I tossed it together. Tossed in about 2 T caraway when I was cooking the noodles (grabbed the wrong jar--used jumbo shells). Used 2/3 sour cream and about 2 T cream cheese. Nice, I'll do this again. (Don't know why the pic looks pink--I added a homemade dill pickle as a side--couldn't find the beet pickles in the back of the fridge). Thanks Rock!
Glad you liked it. That is some very pink Haluski!:LOL:

Tonight was my second go at trying to learn to use my new pressure cooker. I made Roast Beef with Mushroom and Onion Gravy with Mashed Potatoes and Succotash. I am posting both pictures that I took as my cell phone camera leaves something to be desired. I will get a new camera soon I hope.

View attachment 13316

View attachment 13317

Last edited:
Glad you liked it. That is some very pink Haluski!:LOL:
I must've changed a setting on my camera without knowing it. Or, it was the light in the kitchen. I'll have to take some more pics to figure out what I did--I'm very much a dinosaur when it comes to using my digital camera (my dad, 80 yrs old and s/one who doesn't use a computer, has the same brand and knows how to use his better than I know how to use mine!).

Back
Top Bottom