Tuesday's Dinner - 5/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks, Mashed & Gravy,
Dilled "Baby" Carrots...

Chicken drums - 5-10-22.jpg

Dinner was a salad - arugula, alfalfa sprouts, heirloom cherry tomatoes, black olives, green olives, red onion, feta cheese, and a hard-boiled egg. The dressing was anchovy paste, oil, spices and red wine vinegar vinaigrette.

salad_051022_img_9603-jpg.49959

I knew we would get take out today, especially when reuben sandwiches were a possibility. We each ordered wee tots too. The sammies were hot, and steamy when we got them home and re-crisped in a dry fry pan pretty good. The sauces were a house made horseradish sauce amd a whisky bbq sauce.

Our first asparagus out of the garden, microwaved russet potatoes, and baked yellow summer squash. MMMMMM Delicious.

We had a produce plus basket delivery today, so I knew we wouldn't have a lot of spoons left for making supper. There were chicken samosas and vegi samosas in that basket and we had them for supper. I did have enough spoons to use some of the produce to make a salad: red curly lettuce, Asian celery, pea shoots, the last of last week's Boston lettuce, shaved red onion, thinly sliced carrot, julienned red bell pepper, and toasted pumpkin seeds. I served the salad with the last of the homemade ranch with blue cheese dressing.

Salad and chicken samosa and vegi samosa.jpg

After two days of take-out and leftovers, I finally felt good enough to cook the shrimp I took out for dinner on Mother's Day. (Tweaked a muscle Saturday. Getting old hurts. )

I made a skillet of Shrimp Destin. I didn't have a full box of orzo, so I made it with a box of ditalini that needed to be gone. Orzo is better. Paired that with salads. IMG_20220510_213436624_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom