Weird quirks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have any weird quirks that you just can't help that other people think your nuts??
I have a few:angel:
I absolutely, CANNOT, sleep in a bed that is not made. DH is still in bed when I leave in the morning so I dont' get to make the bed until I get home. I have to shake out the bottom one, no wrinkles and then put each layer on without wrinkles. DH will come in and throw all of his over to the middle and I always have to fix it so that my side is still flat and unwrinkled.

The other is, there is only one kind of plate that I will eat off of because I cannot stand and pattern that my utensils will scrape against.

There is only one fork I will use. It is the only one of it too. I think it was left here from a party. Noone else in the house is allowed to use it. If they have, they learned real quick not to. I will take it from them mid bite if I had to:huh::-p
One more, I CANNOT eat from thick utensils. They have to be thin. I don't know why, so don't ask. I just can't. I've wondered if any of this is a form of OCD or just being weird?!

Come on, show me I'm not the only weirdo, PLEASE?? lol

I can eat off of anything and out of anything and it wouldnt bother me.

I HATE having cash on me so i leave it in the bank.

my room is a hell hole and i HATE it but i HATE cleaning with a passion so im screwed no matter what.

othetr than that i cant think of any, i know i have them i just dont pay attention to them.

I have a quirk....

when posting here, I don't like my words going
past the center of the posting page.
I also don't like terribly uneven right edges to my posts!

so you won't generally see my posts stretching way over to the right side of the page, like this!

Another quirk : I can't stand drinking plain water, it has to have flavor and I really hate clorinated water! I have well water and the water is filtered thru the refrigerator's filter.

:)My house can be a mess the floors dirty windows dirty . But my microwave has to be spotless on the inside. Can't stand a dirty microwave or leaving a pile of dirty dishes overnight in the sink a plate and a couple of glasses is OK. I also can not and will not cook or bake etc with dirty dishes in the sink or a cluttered counter everything must be in order first.

Fool him next time Sattie,before you eat, get a nice slice of fresh fresh bread your favorite, butter it lightly or leave plain, when done use that bread to get your juices..Or do 2 pieces and set the meat on top of it, then let it catch the juices and eat it along with your meat..Yummy...
kadesma

I do use soppin bread on occassion, but sometimes it is not handy... so I do what I gotta do!

I just thought of another quirk of mine.... when grocery shopping, and your standing in line to check out, I can't stand when strangers get to close to me. (I have my personal space you know!) So to put space between me, specially those tailgaters, I will move my basket or cart just so as to prevent them from invading my space. I am always respectful of other folks' space!

I have a double sink in the kitchen if you MUST put a dirty glass in the sink instead of the dishwasher, put it on the right side.

I too cannot get into an unmade bed. If I can't make it until it's bedtime, I'll make it then get in.

In the refrigerator, the milk goes on the right and the juice on the left.

When I'm cooking eggs, I always use the left front burner.

Make sure you close the toilet lid before flushing or I will have to clean the entire bathroom. (I heard once that when you flush a toilet, micro particles will fly over 6 feet out of the toilet and I have been freaked out ever since.)

ok, i thought of a few.

when i eat sushi, i always save my favourite piece to eat last.

i try to eat the various things on my plate evenly, so i take the last bite of each thing as i'm finishing.

when i'm really thirsty and chug something, i count the sips, and never go over 10 sips.

that's it so far.

My blankets have to be a cetain way before I go to sleep.

Food on my plate can't touch.

I always eat all of one thing before I move on to the next.

And I refuse to wait on a customer who's too busy gabbing on
their stupid cell phone.

:blink:

what twitch?

lol, quicksilver.

another quirk of mine is that i don't like is eating on a cluttered table. condiments are ok, but i don't like to eat on a table or counter with a lot of stuff like mail, canned food, cereal boxes, cat food, newspapers, etc.

my plate needs it's personal space.

I don't like any "obstacles" in my food to get in my way while eating. I lose my appetite if I have to stop and shell prawns, poke around and remove the bones, skins etc. from fish, or worth yet accidentally biting into them. Olives, they are okay if you are eating them on their own but if they are mixed in pasta or salad or something, I wish them to be chopped up and seeds removed, I don't like them being left whole.

If I am served something like this at other people's house, I won't complain and quietly do my best to deal with them, but if I am cooking I make sure everything is ready to be eaten peacefully and smoothly without further ado.

I like things lined up/straightened up, like picture frames, stacks of papers, etc.

My paper money has to be arranged with largest bills in the back, smallest in front, and each president has to be right-side-up and facing forward (my mom was exactly the same, but she had small bills in back and larger in front, lol).

I like things ordered by size. For example, my cookbooks are arranged from tallest to shortest.

I like symmetry.

When typing, I always go back and fix spelling errors/typos if I see them. I am so thankful for computers, which make this easier. (LOL I already had to hit edit and come back and fix something here). When in college, I would retype an entire paper for something as small as a comma (the teacher would allow that to be corrected with black ink, but unless I didn't notice until it was too late, I retyped it).

I'm trying to get better about this, but even when making a list just for myself that no one else will ever see, I will throw it away and start over if I make a mistake when writing it. I'm making a little progress and will now sometimes just cross it out and rewrite it underneath.

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom