What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made an expensive mac & cheese with fontina, parmesean, and mascarpone. Baked that with fresh mozzarella and nutmeg. Turned out fantastic. Tomorrow I'm going to try a new shortbread recipe. My younger sister used to make shortbread cookies once or twice a week but now I want to try for once;). Both the mac&cheese and the future shortbread are recipes from Jamie Oliver's books (naked chef etc.).

Last edited:
I have a pear pie in the oven for dessert tonight. It will be done in about 10 minutes, just in time to start dinner. :rolleyes:

Nothing baking today, but tomorrow I start my first of two wedding cakes in two weeks. So tonight I am getting everything ready to start the carrot cakes tomorrow - altering the recipe for the different sized pans. I have decided that I am going to do one of the two half sheet extra cakes chocolate. The bride doesn't know this yet, but I know there will be many kids there who won't like carrot.

Oh, and DH is buying me a new food processor (all I need is a shredder blade to replace the one he broke). I guess his guilt outweighed his desire to hand grate 10 - 15 pounds of carrots:ROFLMAO:.

Oh, there is nothing like a food processor for grating...be sure to take pictures to share with us

Thanks Karen, pictures Saturday after the reception. Thought I would show off one I made 2 years ago. Took my "daughter" and I a month to make the daisies and leaves.

Attachments

• BrandonCake1.jpg
    BrandonCake1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 183
  • BrandonCake2.jpg
    BrandonCake2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Oh Laurie - way too beautiful to cut! Such exquisite detail, you are very talented. I also love the bride and groom on top...tomorrow is our wedding anniversary, and the couple on top of our wedding cake was the same one his mom and dad used in the 1940s. AND we were married on their wedding anniversary. Maybe, decades from now, a new bride and groom will use that one again........

Oh Laurie, what a beautiful cake!!! It makes me want to get married all over again! And MexicoKaren, Happy Anniversary to you and your groom! How many years are you celebrating?

Thanks Karen and FM,
Yes, Karen, Happy Anniversary! There is actually a story to the bride and groom topper. The bride is brunette and the the groom is Asian and she wanted the topper to reflect that. So, I go hunting on the internet looking for interchangeable brides and grooms. I find them and order them and when they arrive, they looked really similar to the REAL bride and groom. It was amazing! People thought that they were one of a kind made just for them!

ny bread(almost)

not really baking anything, have ny bread in first stage. out of ap flour so used cake plus two tablespoons for each cup. googled it. also used the lesser amount of water in some recipes. should be interesting to see what happens.

babe:chef:

DC friends - thanks for your anniversary wishes. This is only our third anniversary - took us awhile to find each other! We had a lovely dinner at a beach side restaurant and watched the beautiful sunset over the bay. I had a delicious salad made up of avocado halves stuffed with huge fresh shrimp in a chipotle mayo dressing. Greens on the side were dressed with a cilantro-lime vinigarette (sp?) Hubby had grilled salmon served with lobster mashed potatoes - I tasted them; they were wonderful. Came home and had oatmeal cake - perfect day. I feel very blessed. PS- there is now a link to the oatmeal cake recipe in the original post.

This is pretty late but Laurie those are beautiful!!!
will you teach me how to do that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom