What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AB, wouldn't plain, old, rubbing alcohol work just as well?
~~~ clip: "The alcohol in vodka makes it a powerful disinfectant"
Since a pint of rubbing alcohol costs under a buck at my local Box-Mart store, I bet you could clean with it, then use the vodka as in internal muscle rub. ;)

:LOL: Yes, CG, the vodka in this house is strictly for internal consumption.

I think you can sub rubbing alcohol for all the vodka. Nice link, AB!

Last edited:
Finally feeling human enough to run at full speed again. On to the second Christmas tree, the one in the family room!

Love this time of year! Stack up the CDs in the player, turn the sound up through the speakers, dance around the house, busy with decorations and lights. *sigh* :wub:

Finally feeling human enough to run at full speed again. On to the second Christmas tree, the one in the family room!

Love this time of year! Stack up the CDs in the player, turn the sound up through the speakers, dance around the house, busy with decorations and lights. *sigh* :wub:

Glad you're feeling better, CG.

I've spent the past 3 days putting out decorations, decorating the tree, somewhat fighting a cold, but not too bad of one thank goodness. Cleaned out the fridge and washed down the shelves and getting ready for the Christmas leftovers that are sure to come, starting on my no-sew fleece blankets for the grands...yikes. :ohmy: This morning I spent a few hours with on old friend whom I haven't seen all year. We had a 3 hour breakfast and coffee date. It was fun.

Taking a break now from finishing up the tree, catching up here, and listening to my Charlie Brown Christmas CD. :wub: :LOL:

I am making preparations to get snowed in. Just upgraded my favorite Christmas movies to DVD; It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Carol. Fixed a large pot of creamed turkey. Bought some eggnog to go with the Navan Liqueur. Have popcorn at the ready. And my new snow shoes arrived today. Things are looking pretty good here:mrgreen:

Harassing cats or would that be torturing? I got Latte a new can of tennis balls, her last ball was getting bald. She's so worn out and has all three balls pulled into her belly.

Harassing cats or would that be torturing? I got Latte a new can of tennis balls, her last ball was getting bald. She's so worn out and has all three balls pulled into her belly.

I wish Teddy would play with toys. you could throw a ball and fetch it yourself. I don't know if he is just too lazy or too intelligent to play hum games. :angel:

Addie, I wonder if it's the breed? My Maltese won't play with toys either. We had a Shih Tzu who loved stuffed toys that played music, squeaked, and he could slam a Slammer on the floor! We thought that it was because of prior abuse/neglect that our Maltese won't play, but now that I hear that Teddy won't do it either, I'm thinking it's the breed.

I wrote my own obituary and have it on my computer. DH would have no idea who my parents were or some other things. He no longer has to worry about naming my siblings as they have all passed away before me. I should probably pre-arrange my funeral, too, because he will have no clue there, either.

I wrote my own obituary and have it on my computer. DH would have no idea who my parents were or some other things. He no longer has to worry about naming my siblings as they have all passed away before me. I should probably pre-arrange my funeral, too, because he will have no clue there, either.

I've been thinking seriously about getting my funeral plans out of the way.

Maybe that will be my birthday present this year! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Grandson is with us this weekend and we are going to go shopping for his mom's Christmas gift. I think he wants to get her one of those nice soft and warm blanket throws. I am all done with my Christmas shopping. Now to start wrapping. I had 20 to buy for so it will take me a while.

I've been thinking seriously about getting my funeral plans out of the way.

Maybe that will be my birthday present this year! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
CarolPa and Aunt Bea, sounds like a thoughtful thing to do. There is so much to do even when there isn't a lot of assets involved--the paperwork (here it is common to get 12 or more death certificates), filing the final tax return, canceling the passport, insurance, etc., etc., etc. Taking care of funeral plans is a nice gift to leave those you leave behind, IMO.

Last edited:
We are having a snowball 'fight' on another forum!

317354.gif
331509.gif
558648.gif
173994.gif
489992.gif

Addie, I wonder if it's the breed? My Maltese won't play with toys either. We had a Shih Tzu who loved stuffed toys that played music, squeaked, and he could slam a Slammer on the floor! We thought that it was because of prior abuse/neglect that our Maltese won't play, but now that I hear that Teddy won't do it either, I'm thinking it's the breed.

That sounds plausible to me. Does he like to stick by your side all the time? He does that with Spike. He follows him all around the house. And when Spike is getting ready to leave and he can't go with him, he just drops his head and looks so sad. And when he is up here, he is either right next to the chair Spike is sitting on, or up on my bed wanting me to hold him. He has to have that human contact all the time. Teddy won't even chase a ball rolling across the floor. He also hates to go into water. Spike takes him to the beach almost every day in the summer. He refuses to go in the water. No matter how hot it is.

BTW, Spike got Teddy when he was eight weeks old right from the breeder. So there is no possible prior abuse there to consider. :angel:

Addie, our Maltese likes to sit on the chair or couch right smack up against your leg. He is obsessed over DH, just like Teddy is with Spike. He follows him everywhere he goes, to the point that he gets annoying. If we go out, we leave through the cellar door. He lays right by the cellar door until we come back. Does the same thing if DH goes down to the cellar for something. A couple years ago DH didn't feel well. I took him to the ER and they admitted him. When I came home without him, Pupper just ran around barking because DH wasn't home. When I locked up the house and turned off the lights, he did the same thing, giving me the oddest look. Finally he realized that DH wasn't coming home and he got into his bed and went to sleep.

We got Pupper when he was 5 years old. His owner had died, and her husband was also in poor health. The man was in the hospital so much the last year and someone was going to the house to feed the dog, but he was not getting any socialization. When the man finally passed away, his sister was trying to find a home for the dog and we took him. He was terrible. Bared his teeth and snapped at everyone. DH was retired and was with him 24/7 so he eventually warmed up. He no longer bares his teeth, but still snaps at some people.

Back
Top Bottom