What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm not sure how it would affect your trees, but if you spread grubex on your lawn to kill grubs, you'll solve a lot of the jap beetle problem, k.t.h..

the grubs are baby beetles (what's the word i'm looking for, the soft bodied baby stage of a beetles life - pupa?)

Thanks, bucky. I just looked into GrubEx and our Lowes has it. Doesn't seem too expensive and if it works that's even better. Might help to solve a minor mole problem, too, since the moles will have less to eat.

I just got back from seeing my doctor. I told him what happened Tuesday. He is going to look into it and get some answers for me. Will call me at home tonight. :ermm:

Well, I can tell the poplar trees are blowing off their fluff. Holy moly have I used a lot of tissue this morning!

Getting ready to go to the hospital for my eye surgery...Oh boy at last wish me luck and I'm starving YIKES haven't eaten since yesterday at 12.00 awk
kades

Oh my goodness! LUCK!!! I'll say a few prayers for calm and peace for you too kadesma! As always, one goes up for the skill of the surgeons.

Back from the eye doc. I HATE having my eyes dilated, was lucky to find my way out of the parking lot! Still can't see!

kadesma said:
Getting ready to go to the hospital for my eye surgery...Oh boy at last wish me luck and I'm starving YIKES haven't eaten since yesterday at 12.00 awk
kades

Best of luck, Ma! Maybe they'll feed you afterwards. They gave me a turkey sandwich after I had mine, it was actually quite good for hospital food!

Last edited:
kades

good luck, kads. i hope everything went well.

dawg, you didn't drive yourself home after the eye doc, did you?

k.t.h., before you put down the grubex, see if you can find out if it's a systemic chemical. you don't want that stuff being absorbed by the trees and getting into the fruit.

good luck, kads. i hope everything went well.

dawg, you didn't drive yourself home after the eye doc, did you?

k.t.h., before you put down the grubex, see if you can find out if it's a systemic chemical. you don't want that stuff being absorbed by the trees and getting into the fruit.

No problem there, bucky. The trees are ornamental and it's rare they produce fruit. Thanks, anyway, good thinking.

Boiling up 2 gallons of vegetable broth with ALL the produce that was still in the freezer from last years gardens--garlic, garlic scapes, peas, beans, zucchini.
Contemplating using Bolledeig's cool phrase "OH MY GLOB" for the next time one of my non dieting friends tells me about their splurges of butter, sugar, bread and dairy products.:innocent:

Back to work...and dinner with my fella. Ran home to feed the cats and we had an unexpected-expected package on the doorstep. You know who you are, Thank you!:):wub::heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom