What are you eating Friday 6/29/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast was Brown Cow Coffee yogurt.
Lunch was Taco Bell Taco supreme.
I think dinner will be something with ground beef.

Penne pasta w/linguisa in a red sauce, cooked in the Instant Pot.. Green salad as a side.. Forgot Italian bread so, biscuits for sopping the sauce..

Baked a small white cake w/cream cheese frosting for later..

Ross

Penne pasta w/linguisa in a red sauce, cooked in the Instant Pot.. Green salad as a side.. Forgot Italian bread so, biscuits for sopping the sauce..

Baked a small white cake w/cream cheese frosting for later..

Ross
Can you post your Instant Pot pasta recipe please. I haven't tried that yet. Worried about burning.

Plaice Rolls

Plaice Rolls, from Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook.

Plaice, lemon juice, zest and streaky bacon.

Tomato, onion, garlic salt, Worcester sauce.

DSC_0013 (3).jpg

I made chicken patties for Mark and think I’ll blend up a quick and dirty gazpacho for myself. Then I’m gonna make some sandwich bread, and make some pizza dough for Sunday’s lunch (and beyond).

Breakfast was Brown Cow Coffee yogurt.
Lunch was Taco Bell Taco supreme.
I think dinner will be something with ground beef.
I had a Taco Bell bean and cheese burrito the other day in between deliveries. I used to like them. This one didn’t even taste like food! Even with hot sauce all over it! It was dreadful, and I will never eat at Taco Bell again. Ever! I do so swear. Del Taco’s still ok though...

Duchess quiche, quiche Lorraine with ham added, a Walt Disney World recipe, with a hash brown crust, with watermelon and honeydew melon.

Attachments

• 2018-06-29 19.04.08.jpg
    2018-06-29 19.04.08.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 101
Had some leftover beef from last night so I sliced it paper thin. Then sauteed some onions, minced garlic and mushrooms, added the beef along with some beef broth and red wine. Let it all simmer and served it over rice. Turned out pretty tasty. We had "marry me" cookies for dessert. The were a new cookie to me but good. A variation on chocolate chip combined with oatmeal cookies. They were tasty and the little taste of cinnamon was a nice flavor.

Duchess quiche, quiche Lorraine with ham added, a Walt Disney World recipe, with a hash brown crust, with watermelon and honeydew melon.

Can you please post the recipe Med? I love quiche..

I took a nap instead of think about dinner and here it is nearly dinner time.
I better put those Mexican ingredients into something quick and edible soon.

I had a Taco Bell bean and cheese burrito the other day in between deliveries. I used to like them. This one didn’t even taste like food! Even with hot sauce all over it! It was dreadful, and I will never eat at Taco Bell again. Ever! I do so swear. Del Taco’s still ok though...

I prefer Taco Bueno for "no time to eat well" food. I usually get the combination burrito. I like it, and it is filling, so I can grab a quick lunch in my car, and actually enjoy it.

The local Del Taco went out of business -- not sure why. They had some good fish tacos. Not gourmet, but good.

I have to be really hungry and limited on options to eat Taco Bell.

CD

Grocery shopped today and got some fresh haddock fillets. Put a little olive oil on them, seasoned liberally with Tajin, and baked. When they were done, I did a squirt of fresh lime juice and a sprinkle of "Italian cilantro" (parsley), added a side of sauteed fresh corn with grape tomatoes and fresh basil (and the last of the asparagus for me). Picked up a fresh baguette at the store to make Himself extra happy - and so I can toast a couple of slices for ricotta toast with fresh cherries for my breakfast tomorrow. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180629_235914.jpg
    20180629_235914.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 93
I finally settled on loaded Taco Salads but didn't take pictures. For the dressing we like a mixture of Ranch and Catalina, and in addition this time I squeezed a whole lime over each. Wow...the flavor just popped with that lime juice. I must remember to always have limes with our Taco Salads.

Back
Top Bottom