What are you eating Thursday 1/4/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
It's snowing - perfect weather for soup. I am planning on making split pea soup and maybe croutons.

Blizzard conditions here. I'm about to go out with the snowblower and clear a path for doggy, then I'll start making the lasagna. Green salad on the side.

I've got a nice pork roast in the Nesco roaster - seared it a little on 425, then reduced the temp to 225ish to slow cook for several hours. :yum: Later on I'll throw in some quartered Yukon gold 'taters, and carrots. Will probably make a quick gravy with the juices once the roast is out and resting.

Be safe, tenspeed!

Last edited:
I made that Crack Slaw that Aunt Bea mentioned a few days ago, we both really liked it. Had enough left over from lunch, so it will also be what's for dinner.

Last edited:
We are in the midst of a huge snow storm and are already at 1 foot of snow. A simple yet hearty meal is in order. I'll be making chili mac.

Nor'easter here. Snowing with white out conditions when wind is gusting. Hub went to pick DD up from work. She couldn't call out :( Other DD didn't have to go to work because they closed it.

Chicken Soup kind of day!

39817-albums960-picture7196.jpg
[/IMG]

Brrrrr people!

Salisbury steak w onion mushroom gravy, no potatoes, mashed or otherwise in the house Awk. Arugula & spinach salad, sliced cuke w/ honey Dijon vinaigrette and ginger glazed carrot coins and a squeeze of honey, since the honey jar was sitting right in front of me.

Looks like a few sauce pans for cleanup tonight.

Looks good, Joey. Especially with that big hunk of parm...:yum:

Wow, so many of y'all are getting pounded with the snowstorms. :ohmy:

Chicken soup for us too, datalini, carrots, green beans, peas, corn, potato, chicken poached in chicken broth, onions and garlic sweated in smaltz from the chicken fat and skin, with just a bit of flour to make a really small amount of blond roux, and skin that was crisped and crumbled on top of the soup.

Attachments

• 2018-01-04 18.16.22.jpg
    2018-01-04 18.16.22.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
We had split pea soup (no picture) topped with garlic croutons.

Garlic croutons - cubed Italian bread tossed in melted homemade garlic butter then toasted in a 450°F oven till nicely browned.

garlic_croutons_010418_IMG_3602.jpg

Oh geeze, I hate to say I grilled late this afternoon (no grilling in the dark). Trust me, I'm sooo thankful to be warm.

The last time I bought a boneless pork shoulder, I sliced off a 2" slice and froze it with grilling on my mind. I marinated that slice in Jamaican Jerk (Penzey's) marinade overnight, and it was really outstanding grilled. Glorified salads thanks to the SousChef, and Texas toast had us feeling like it was summer, only dark. Should I mention again how much I hate winter dark? On the path now for longer light. Phew..

Stay warm and safe {{friends}}.

Last edited:
It was fallback night. Broiled salmon with a full-time glaze, garlic mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. Side salad for Dad. Banana bread for dessert.

Blizzard conditions here. I'm about to go out with the snowblower and clear a path for doggy, then I'll start making the lasagna...
What, no path to the grill so you could make burgers? [emoji6]

Loverly's mechanic told her that her car needed to be put down when she took it in to have a few things fixed. A serious need for comfort food tonight! I made homemade mac and cheese. Served it up with (more) ham and fresh green beans. No dinner photo (I'm not liking the look of food on her green plates...), but I do have one of our bean haul from West Side Market. After sorting and trimming, this is what I ended up with...for $3.

Wouldn't attach, so I'm sending it special delivery. [emoji6]

Yup, those are 1 gallon storage bags.

Attachments

• 20180104_175235.jpg
    20180104_175235.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I am still down with this superbug so had some plain rice.

TB had my last two "all-in-one" bacon cheeseburgers that have onions, cheese, and bacon mixed into the patties. He had them on a gluten-free roll with raw veggies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom