What beer do you enjoy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utica Club... That was our "boating beer hanging out around the dock beer" back in high school and shortly afterward. It was about six bucks a case.
Tonight it's been anything available beer. What a day I've had.

Utica Club... That was our "boating beer hanging out around the dock beer" back in high school and shortly afterward. It was about six bucks a case.
Tonight it's been anything available beer. What a day I've had.

Genesee was the beer when we were 18 and broke.

I think it was three quarts for a dollar.

That and large quantities of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill wine.

I was a real connoisseur! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Genesee was the beer when we were 18 and broke.

I think it was three quarts for a dollar.

That and large quantities of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill wine.

I was a real connoisseur! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Oh lordy. Boone's Farm Apple or Strawberry Hill. Made for some nice, um, technicolor effects.

One of my old boyfriends and I got a case of Fox beer, and took it camping. He said it was a good deal, tasted like swill.

Oh lordy. Boone's Farm Apple or Strawberry Hill. Made for some nice, um, technicolor effects.

One of my old boyfriends and I got a case of Fox beer, and took it camping. He said it was a good deal, tasted like swill.

I always think of the Kingston Trio when I think of that cheap wine!

:whistling Bottle of wine, fruit of the vine, when you gonna let me get sober. LEAVE me alone. Let me go home. Let me go HOME and start over!

I always think of the Kingston Trio when I think of that cheap wine!

:whistling Bottle of wine, fruit of the vine, when you gonna let me get sober. LEAVE me alone. Let me go home. Let me go HOME and start over!

:LOL: Thanks for the earworm, AB! I know all the lyrics!

"Pain in my head, got bugs in my bed, my pants are so old that they shine, out on the street I tell...." OK, I'll stop now...

Last edited:
I was only 18 when I left California for Denmark. The drinking age was (is?) 21. Got to Denmark and started drinking Tuborg and Carlsberg. I still like both of those beers.

ah....memories of Boones Farm Apple wine. There were a few that were worse....Mad Dog 20 20, Orange Driver....God save me from that stuff!
We had Baby Bear and Gimli Goose.
history_GimliGoose.jpg

2Q==

We had Baby Bear and Gimli Goose.

I remember buying Baby Duck in Ontario during summer vacations! Still underage, same technicolor effects! Blast from the past.

Baby Duck was a fizzy sweet wine.

Last edited:
I remember buying Baby Duck in Ontario during summer vacations! Still underage, same technicolor effects!
At one time it was one of very few drinkable, Canadian made wines. :wacko: That has changed. We now have some really nice wine produced here, as well as really nice ice wine and ice cider.

From what I remember Baby Duck and Baby Bear is best enjoyed standing in in a circle and passing it around.

I think we ran in similar circles, Rock! :LOL:

Glasses, we don't need no stinkin' glasses! We have the bottle!

Oh, and Cold Duck, the parent of Baby Duck.

Interesting about Canadian wine now being much better now, Taxy. We did love our Baby Duck back in the day.

Last edited:
What beer do I like? Why, the one in my hand! :LOL: Seriously though, I like my old local brewery's offering, but they don't sell Great Lakes Brewing stuff up here...a distributor problem. *sigh* So I bring the contraband back when we go see the kids. Hope the Christmas Ale is on the shelves when we visit later this year.

I don't like the bitter taste of hops so I tend towards the maltier brews. Also, a new craft brewery opened in a nearby town. So far we've tried Lake Ale (meh-ish) and Meistersdorf Dopplebock (yummy). Empty growler waiting for the next time.

....All these stupid liquor laws came about because we had a "Watch & Ward Society" that made it their business to stick their nose where it didn't belong......

The famous "Banned in Boston" people! Imagine how much havoc they could have wreaked if there had been fax machines and the internet during their time. :ermm: :ohmy: There is a book coming out next month called "Banned in Boston" by Neil Miller. I plan on reading it when it lands on the library shelves.

I'm from South Africa. We only have stout, ale, lager. I'm not a big beer fan but I enjoy the odd Guinness and Carling Black Label for making beer shandy.

If you like Stout, you should be able to get Lion from Sri Lanka. It is on my top 5 list.

The other 4:

Pilsner from Foothills in W-S, NC.

Anything Ommegang. Cooperstown's answer to Belgium.

Legend Brown Ale, a local Richmond Brewery.

Belgium Lambics

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom