What foods do you hate/won't eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will not eat - Any type of organ meats (have tried liver, kidney, brain, etc. but just not a huge fan of any of it) , frog, alligator, snake or other exotic animals (including rabbit), Pork for religious reasons and Turnips (too pungent for my taste).

Other than that I will try most things.

Eggs.
I bake with them
but cant eat them alone in any form (omlet, hard boiled, poached, scrambled...)

Milk
Cook with it,but wont drink it by itself

Meat & Fish & pork ..
Because im a vegetarian
But if i wernt, id probably go for a meatball hero, double quarter pounder with cheese and extra pickles, whopper, the crappy jack in the box tacos, chili dog

There are a few things that I haven't tried yet that I probably won't try, but for the most part I will try anything. As far as foods that I have tried, I hate black licorice, figs (but am ok with Fig Newtons), collards, swiss chard, buttermilk, and dates. For some reason I have a feeling I have forgotten a big one! Ah! Oysters.

:)Barbara

I don't eat any organ meat or anything that sounds like it's made from organ meat. Raw oysters, squid, octopus, and most of the stuff you see on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. Other than that, I'll eat just about anything....;)

I'll eat anything on this planet except fermented soybeans. Just the smell of this food gags me.
I felt like that for a long time too. I recently started making Tempeh 'meat'balls that turned out pretty good. So, (almost) any food has potential.

EXCEPT Brussels Sprouts, those things are nasty. I'm vegetarian too and most meat smells nasty to me now (even bacon). I'd put cheese on my don't eat list because I don't, but I love it.

I hate peas, brains, scrapple, and angel food cake.

Angel food cake tastes like a sponge!

Brussel sprouts, peas, head cheese, tripe, those kinds of things. I do like organ meats, but not hoofs or snouts or tails or..um...you know....Rocky Mountain Oysters.....that kind of thing... LOL.

I will eat most anything (well not crazy stuff) but I never could stand the taste of lamb. It looks good when someone orders it but I just don't like it.

I just tried blue cheese over the holidays (with cranberries in it) and I really loved it.

That said, it took a few bites before I acquired the taste. I forced it down and told myself it was good. LOL

I like to say that I have an open mind when it comes to food. There aren't many things that I will NOT try. Here's they are:

Liver - except in Dirty Rice
Canned peas - love them fresh or frozen
Lima beans
Brains or other Central Nervous Tissue - look up Mad Cow Disease and how it's spread
Canned spinach - smell makes me involuntarily hurl as soon as the can is opened

I'm not terribly fond of raw tomatoes. I will eat them if I have to, but prefer not to.
I haven't actually bought offal with the intentions of eating them. I don't have anything against offal, but haven't tried it.
Overcooked squash is a big turn-off for me.

There's probably more, but I'd have to really think hard about it.

For all those folks who are adamantly AGAINST offal, do y'all buy and eat hotdogs? Potted Meat?

I'm pretty particular...

I'm a not a huge meat eater. I was a strict vegetarian for about 10 years. Now I'll eat tuna about once a month and I don't care if my soup is made with stock, other than that no meat.
I don't care for eggplant, zucchini, squash really at all, mushrooms, olives and eggs.

Back
Top Bottom