What Foods do you Love, but Can No Longer Eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Organ meats
Sausages, cured meats (allowed very small amounts)
Grapefruit )used to love grapefruit, ugly fruit, and grapefruit juice)
Tropical Fruits
Citrus (except lemon and lime)
Apricots
Nectarines
Winter Squash
Many root veggies
Allowed very small portions of tomato
Spinach
Many leafy greens
Whole Wheat
oatmeal
chocolate 9allowed very small amounts)
Pumpkin pie
only allowed 4 oz. whole milk per day

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Fortunately, nothing, yet. But I've always said, that even if I couldn't eat certain things, like brownies, and other chocolate items, I would simply chew them, to get the flavor!

Clams. I use to love them as a kid but developed an allergy after high school. Now I suffer severe gastrointestinal distress if I eat them.

• Edamame (only had it once, but it was wonderful)
  • Tomato, I can have a little raw tomato with the gel and seeds removed, but that's is a flavourful part of the tomato. I still have to test if removing the gel and seeds and then cooking the tomato is okay.
  • Multigrain anything - it almost always has soy and / or flax which are no goes for me.
  • I am not supposed to have soy. I was really bummed when I thought I couldn't have soy sauce and miso, but found out that I can have those, since they are properly fermented.
Luckily, I don't really miss most other nightshades, especially when I discovered that the nightshades with capsaicin, the chilis, don't bother me, so I can have those. There are other nightshades that I simply haven't tested my reaction to, because they weren't something I cared much for to start with.

Hubby has auto-immune issues and we discovered that broccoli is a trigger for his colitis. Sadly, his very favorite soup is/was broccoli & cheese soup. I've tried making cauliflower and cheese soup, while it is nice, it isn't broccoli!

Last time I had tuna I got really, really sick. Haven't had the courage to try it again. It was our go-to sandwich to have at a Rest Stop when travelling a distance to a campground. Oh, well.

We swore off beef some time ago. I'm married to a law prof who questioned US public land grazing policies, which are ruining the productivity of huge areas, and was viciously attacked by ranchers and cattle industry people (who proposed a public hanging). Why buy stuff from people who threaten your life?

Our one lapse is the beef hot dogs from the local butcher, which are the best on earth. Otherwise, we buy buffalo rather than beef, and are making the change to plant-based food.

Hubby has auto-immune issues and we discovered that broccoli is a trigger for his colitis. Sadly, his very favorite soup is/was broccoli & cheese soup. I've tried making cauliflower and cheese soup, while it is nice, it isn't broccoli!

Last time I had tuna I got really, really sick. Haven't had the courage to try it again. It was our go-to sandwich to have at a Rest Stop when travelling a distance to a campground. Oh, well.
I'm surprised cauliflower doesn't have the same effect on him, since they're cultivars of the same plant. My GI doctor tells me not to eat little trees [emoji16]

Disneyland Chocolate covered toffee. Fresh made that day, almost that hour.
DSC00888.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Caffeinated Coffee
Red Claret Na'valle wine.

All cause my heart to race.

Cheese, chocolate, citrus (caffeine as well, but I don't really miss that) due to migraines, salty foods such as bacon and sausages due to high blood pressure and chronic kidney disease.

Gillian

Back
Top Bottom