What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pineapple express is still occurring. Very windy right now with rain expected by the morning. Very high snow levels, above 7,000 feet. I will most likely get rain. Which is Ok, by me. No snow shoveling. The current temperature is 49 degrees F. at 10:25 pm.

Today Hawaii looked like LA. Very light south winds brought VOG. VOG is volcanic haze from the Big Island. VERY depressing and ugly weather.

Blustery, rainy, gray and 46 degrees F.

We are under a flood watch and they are opening the weirs on the Sacramento River to elevate flood problems. I don't expect to have any trouble up here in the Sierras except for some minor street flooding here and there. I hope that where ever you may live that you are safe, warm, and dry.

Here is some information on the Yolo Bypass and the weirs.

http://geography.sierra.cc.ca.us/booth/California/9_water/yolo_bypass.htm

Yolo_Bypass.jpg

Last edited:
it wasn't so bitter-cold earlier. i went to get some alcohol for New Year's earlier & it was pleasant, as opposed to some weather we've had.

It's getting chilly - supposed to rain tomorrow. Worst part is that they are predicting rain on the morning of the 2nd. That's the rose parade! Eek!

Snow on the way!!

Good thing too! We had a white Christmas, and it's been getting greener ever since!!

John

awwwwwwwwwww, damp! Where'd that happy winter smile of yours go? Wintry mix totally makes great snowballs and ice skating weather!!!! :ROFLMAO: Tobogganing anyone?

shannon in KS said:
awwwwwwwwwww, damp! Where'd that happy winter smile of yours go? Wintry mix totally makes great snowballs and ice skating weather!!!! :ROFLMAO: Tobogganing anyone?

LOL! You're a sweetheart, Shannon! Unfortunately, 'wintry mix' is synonymous with 'ice storm' around here! Either way, I'll dig out the old Bauer skates and take a shot at the pond! :cool:

DampCharcoal said:
LOL! You're a sweetheart, Shannon! Unfortunately, 'wintry mix' is synonymous with 'ice storm' around here! Either way, I'll dig out the old Bauer skates and take a shot at the pond! :cool:

Sweetheart!?!?! That was malice at it's worst!!! :ROFLMAO: "ice skating anyone?" Damp's on deck!!!! No, really, hope the storm is not too bad. I will repeat myself and state if there is an ice storm, I pray it just freezes my doors shut so I have an excuse to not leave the house!!! :LOL:

lots of snow overnight :clap:
I hope it will stay and not melt away as the forecast says..... I love New Year's eve with snow!!

Attachments

• SchneeSilv2005.jpg
    SchneeSilv2005.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 222
It has been very rainy here in California for the past two days. We have had some minor localized flooding and mudslides in my area. The ranger station that I work at has had 3 buildings and the parking lot flooded. I had a few inches of water in front of my house (see attached pictures) But all in all we are OK. People down in the Sacramento Valley are having a worse time.

Last edited:
Our back yard looked like a lake this morning and I expected to see the fish out of the pond at any time. It is running over the edge and onto the yard. My sons put a drain through the back, side and out the front yard so it will soon drain out into the street. We have had 3 1/2 " in the last 24 hours. then the sun came out and we had a nice day. My son who lives in Roseville Ca. about 5 miles from us has 2 " of water on his first floor and office. He has a tri-level home. This is the third time it has happened. The rain will be back sometime tonight and last unti. Tuesday morning. Enough is enough !!!
Marge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom