What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
47ºF. and partly sunny. ;) A perfect day for the Patriots to beat the Steeleers.

Onward to the Bowl with Tom Brady.

32 degrees but we finally got some sunshine. Its been foggy and damp and dreary and muddy the past few days. It made working outside a major pain. You get chilled to the bone.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I just might take back what I said on my earlier post... yes, it is 34 here, but...

it is damp into your bones and...
I had to trudge thro (pronounced threw, changed just for you Andy:ROFLMAO:) calf deep granular snow to chase the geese in. I hear and sympathize with you Jon. Not letting the geese out again until the snow gets lower.

...I had to trudge thro (pronounced threw, changed just for you Andy:ROFLMAO:)...
Actually, dragn, I think it was GG who questioned it.

Informally, the word "though" is contracted to the spelling "tho", and the word "through" is contracted to the the spelling "thru". Neither shortened version is proper in formal writings, but the abbreviated spelling is common in "textspeak" and used in informal writing.

Though vs Tho

Through vs Thru

It's misty, damp, and 39 right now. Perfect weather for ducks...if the ducks are wearing down jackets. ;) And little boots. :LOL:

no CG - it was Andy who 'threw' in the 'tho'. GG was referring to the thou.

But you did make me remember the 'thru' plus you are absolutely correct in the usage of formal, informal and textspeak.

I hope no one thought I was implying it was ever correct to use in formal writings, if I was unclear, sorry, my bad. :(

haven't gone to your links yet... will get there soon (vs though) :angel::flowers:

IMG_3195.jpg

I drove in snow for the first time IN MY LIFE!!!!
WHEEEEEEE!!!!!

So pretty around here lately, and SO thankful for the heavy snowfall in California! Mammoth Mountain has over 16 feet of snow, and Lake Tahoe in NoCal has 24 feet. It's amazing - we just may recover from the drought.

My view of the Sierras from around the corner from my house:
015.jpg

I drove a mile up the hill for another pic or two...I don't know whose home this is, but I loved the palm trees and snow in the same pic. :cool::LOL:
023.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous, Cheryl!

Got home from DC, where it mostly rained. Not too bad, I can handle that. Here along the river, it's a drizzly 37. I can handle that too. Haven't looked, but I'm pretty certain there's not a snitch of snow left anywhere around these parts. Very unusual for this time of year here.

Last edited:
Thank you, Dawg....holy moly, we're surrounded by an unusual amount of snow but it hasn't come down to the valley here yet. My daughter just called from their cabin only an hour away - they've been snowed in since Sunday and have to have a snowplow come up tomorrow and pave the way for them and my 3 grandsons get down the hill. :ohmy: They've been having a great time though, lots of food and firewood, and the grands have been having so much fun. Perfect excuse to get out of work and school. :LOL:

Last edited:
Well the Nor'easter had passed and tonight it is down to 37ºF. I made a run to the store on my scooter around 4 p.m. and should have worn my heavier coat. There was still a good breeze blowing, and of course when I turned the corner, I was facing right into it. Thursday is supposed to go to the upper 40's. we'll see.

View attachment 26059

I drove in snow for the first time IN MY LIFE!!!!
WHEEEEEEE!!!!!

Kaneo Girl, my second husband came over to the mainland and brought with him a native like yourself. Hubby was staying, but the boy was supposed to go back after ten days. One day we started to have snow falling at a good clip. He was so excited that he ran outside without shoes or shirt and in shorts doing a hula dance of some sort to the snow gods. All the time with his tongue stuck out so he could find out what they tasted like. One by one my neighbors started to come out to watch this strange fellow doing some strange dance.

All of a sudden he felt the cold. He couldn't get back in the house fast enough. I am sure you were as excited with your drive in snow for the first time as he was doing his native dance. Welcome to Stateside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom