What New Recipes Are You Trying This Month?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You misunderstood me.
The recipe isnt English, it is American, hence the cheese isnt the same. And MY cheese is Italian not American.

No I didn't. You didn't say the recipe was American. This is what you said:

I just learned that american Asiago cheese isnt at all as Italian D.O.P Asiago, this going to be interesting. Mine might not work with wine and chicken.

The fact that the recipe is American does not necessarily mean that the cheese used was made in America because we do import Italian Asiago. Italian is typically aged longer than American, but it's still basically the same cheese. The recipe will certainly "work," even if the flavor might be slightly different. It's not that big of a deal.

I wish I could find some cheese that matched the american cheese, making the recipe justice. I am not going to force MR X to taste through the whole cheese shop he works at for it. Also Asiago comes in two version here, one is matured and I think I got that one, I dont have the wrapper for it.
It going to be interesting.

You're sort of implying that I think you should force your husband to taste all the Asiago in the cheese shop where he works :huh: I didn't even know he worked in a cheese shop.

I'm a huge fan of Korean food so I thought that I can try making pork bulgogi. Korean food can be very spicy so I hope I can pull that off somehow.

Give us gochujang and gochugaru, then Korean is in the bag! Especially with Soju!:angel::D I can taste some Bibimbap and chili crab in the near future!:yum:

There's a recipe for Thai Panang Beef Curry in the current Cooks Illustrated magazine that I'd like to try. What would you suggest serving as a veggie to go along with it?

No Mr X, isnt my husband Mr Perfect is. Mr X is a friend of mine who used to live in the USA, he has been working with cheese in 22 states he says and now he is in Sweden and working with cheese again.

GG: Why do always think the worse of people?

No Mr X, isnt my husband Mr Perfect is. Mr X is a friend of mine who used to live in the USA, he has been working with cheese in 22 states he says and now he is in Sweden and working with cheese again.

GG: Why do always think the worse of people?
Sorry, I can't keep your men straight.

Such a weird question is unanswerable.

Sorry Gotgarlic: Why do you always think the worse of people?

I just wondered because nothing of the first sentence I typed every suggested something was bad or ill intent, you just saw that way.

To answer it all, yes the Asiago work wonderfully in the recipe, if you love the flavour of wine and digestive fluids with hint of sock. So dont get a mature one.

I only tried a little sauce with the cheese to make sure I didnt ruin dinner, the cheese I ended up using was Italian soft mild white ( yes I got a cheese platter and no name cheese from a neighbor) and that made the dinner lovely.

( Disclaimer: This irony mixed with fact, nothing against any one)

Back
Top Bottom