What was the last song that got stuck in your head??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crewsk said:
"You Are My Sunshine" from the O Brother, Where Art Thou? cd.

lol crewsk, i love that movie. now i have that song "i am a man of constant sorrow" in my head. who knew george clooney could be goofey...

crewsk said:
"You Are My Sunshine" from the O Brother, Where Art Thou? cd.
Thanks for sticking a song in my head Crewsk :LOL: . I popped open the realone player and I am listening to "If your still my sunshine" by Len ;)

Otter said:
crewsk said:
"You Are My Sunshine"

That's my parents favorite song.
My parents and I belonged to a bluegrass club in Escondido, CA (If you know the group Nickel Creek--they used to play at some of our meetings when they were younger). When this one local group took requests, my mom always asked for "You Are My Sunshine." We requested that song to be played at her funeral, since she loved it so much. During the service they played her favorite hymns, then when everyone walked by her casket to pay their respects, they played "You Are My Sunshine" quietly. It was very touching.

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
Otter said:
crewsk said:
"You Are My Sunshine"

My parents and I belonged to a bluegrass club in Escondido, CA (If you know the group Nickel Creek--they used to play at some of our meetings when they were younger). When this one local group took requests, my mom always asked for "You Are My Sunshine." We requested that song to be played at her funeral, since she loved it so much. During the service they played her favorite hymns, then when everyone walked by her casket to pay their respects, they played "You Are My Sunshine" quietly. It was very touching.

Otter said:
Barbara L said:
Otter said:
crewsk said:
"You Are My Sunshine"

I do remember Nickel Creek. It seemed they had a few hits and then vanished. It's tough in the music business!

"When the moon hits your eye, like a begger beats a pie......... that's amoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Yes, it was this morning.. but I heard someone sing it on tv.. I have it on in the background.

They named themselves after a particular brand of flour (can't remember the name, martha something, I think), famous for it's "hot rise." This flour used to be advertised on the old radio bluegrass shows.

And I think I spelled the name of the band wrong - Hot Rize. The fiddler's name is Tim something (my brain is STILL out drinking), who plays solo now or with his wife. The guitarist, Charles Sawtelle, has sadly died. Best damn bluegrass guitar player this side of Doc Watson.

"Unforgetable in every way..................................................... that's why darling it's incredible to have someone so unforgetable"

"Coat Of Many Colors" by Dolly Parton... I was flipping through stations on the stereo before I took my shower and heard that. That was one of my Dad's all-time favorites.

Back
Top Bottom