What will Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look really good Pac!

We bought the Nexus 7 instead a couple of months ago, but the mini iPad looks brilliant ;)

I kept it :D
When I read it had a HD video camera I decided to keep it. I've been wanting a digital vid camera and maybe this will suffice. I already registered it and played with it a little. The speakers are better than my laptop!

What colour? :)

Colour doesn't matter. Miss my MIL, she used to buy me a new Pendelton wool sweater every year. Then I would call her and let her know what she got me for Christmas.:) One year she bought me a boot, I had to shell out to get the other for a pair...:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Colour doesn't matter. Miss my MIL, she used to buy me a new Pendelton wool sweater every year. Then I would call her and let her know what she got me for Christmas.:) One year she bought me a boot, I had to shell out to get the other for a pair...:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

ROFL! Reminds me of the aunt who wrapped up her cat!

Mrs 40 C says I've been nothing but bad and should not expect a visit from Santa.

Honestly I don't know what she is talking about. I've been mostly good at least part of the time.

We lived in the same town at that point and she knew I wanted those boots, she worked a deal with the owner to split the pair until after Christmas, she knew if I had one I would go get the other. I managed by pooling all my Christmas money that year.

We lived in the same town at that point and she knew I wanted those boots, she worked a deal with the owner to split the pair until after Christmas, she knew if I had one I would go get the other. I managed by pooling all my Christmas money that year.

Awww. I can see why you miss her.

Then again, you could've gotten around stomping on one boot, PF. I have no idea how, but it maybe could be possible.

My iPad is wrapped and under the tree. Can't wait to play with it on Christmas day. My Hubby and I both have gifts that we shopped together for and so we know what we are getting from each other. Works for me! There will be little surprises in the stockings. :)

Not sure what Santa has in store for me. There's not much I want and those items on my wish list are all pretty simple, bordering on practical and/or mundane.

Glenn is impossible to buy for as he constantly says he doesn't need anything and has all the clothes he will ever need for the rest of his life, so Mrs. Santa has to get creative.

However, there is a huge wrapped package with my name on it that is making me crazy. There is NOTHING on my list that would be in a box this gigantic. The only thing I can surmise is that Mr. Claus has put something in this big box to make me nuts or there are several things in it.

I've been a good girl, though, I haven't even tried to move or lift the box to get any sense of how heavy it is. I may be going bonkers but I far prefer the excitement I'll enjoy when it comes time to open it.

Christmas morning will be soooooo much fun.

i'd like santa claus to bring me jamie foxx for christmas. i don't hold out a whole lot of hope though. i asked for him once before for a birthday present a few years back. didn't get him then....

My iPad is wrapped and under the tree. Can't wait to play with it on Christmas day. My Hubby and I both have gifts that we shopped together for and so we know what we are getting from each other. Works for me! There will be little surprises in the stockings. :)

That is great Chops, you will love the iPad, they are brilliant, I wouldnt be without mine now!

We are the same, we know what we have got for Christmas, but I have bought a little surprise one for Steve ;)

I kept it :D
When I read it had a HD video camera I decided to keep it. I've been wanting a digital vid camera and maybe this will suffice. I already registered it and played with it a little. The speakers are better than my laptop!

That is brilliant Pac, you will love it!

Kylie, I am so excited to get my iPad! I use my iPhone for everything. It will be nice to have something a little bigger.
It sounds like you and Steve are a lot like Hubby and I.

I've got a mini Ipad due in today. I'm getting it for free. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I don't imagine it will be much different than my Kindle Fire.

I just ordered myself a new 1.5 qt sauce pan. That will be my present to myself this year I guess.

Okay, I will ask.......how do you get a mini IPad for "free"?

My year has gotten so screwed up. I am finally going to get a lap-top, and we have some extra and husband is thinking of an ipad. I'm still waiting for my hospital bill, and it goes against my nature to spend this money, but then my parents gave it to me and I don't think they meant me to spend it on medical bills.

As great as tablets are, I don't see them as a replacement for a laptop. If your only interface will be to surf the internet, do email and play games (more or less) a tablet is a good idea. If you plan on doing a lot of typing or spreadsheets or other computer stuff, a lap or desk top is the way to go.

I agree, Andy. I don't even like surfing on them as the screen is so small.
And as far as games go... I clicked on Games last night to see what they offered. Everything had a price next to it. You would have thought they would have included a few free games. It doesn't look like it does any more than my smartphone does. And that fits in my pocket.

Oh, to keep this OT, I may just buy myself another Christmas present besides the new sauce pan. My coffee maker is back to brewing terrible coffee again.

Andy M. said:
As great as tablets are, I don't see them as a replacement for a laptop. If your only interface will be to surf the internet, do email and play games (more or less) a tablet is a good idea. If you plan on doing a lot of typing or spreadsheets or other computer stuff, a lap or desk top is the way to go.

I'm thinking the iPad will be easier on my eyes for reading a book than the iPhone too! You are right, it is not the same as a lap top, but also has its place. I have a laptop at work and a desk computer at home for the other things. Whenever I need to google something or look up a recipe, I have been using my iPhone. I can't wait to have the bigger screen for those things without starting up the computer or running into the office. I can still just sit in the family room or stand in the kitchen and use the iPad.

Back
Top Bottom