What's for Supper this Sunday, 2-21-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure looks good! How do you do your fried chicken? Is it your own recipe or another?

thnak you vb!! my own recipe of flour, herbs,spices and a few other things.

This was our pork roast dinner.

img_879611_0_2e6c75c8e2b6a37679bbaf5793a36f3a.jpg

img_879611_1_56554625af4e4aa2be1c049050ea89c5.jpg
your dinner looks yummy!!

The pork roast and yukon gold potatoes were done in the crock-pot.

The last pie I made was a blueberry pie.... that was ages ago.
img_879613_0_c10bb96cca09d3e4c56e3e84cc147d79.jpg

Now, if I made a pie, I would have to eat it myself or not use sugar. My SO was diagnosed with Diabetes not too long after.
what about using slenda?

The pork roast and yukon gold potatoes were done in the crock-pot.

The last pie I made was a blueberry pie.... that was ages ago.
img_879615_0_c10bb96cca09d3e4c56e3e84cc147d79.jpg

Now, if I made a pie, I would have to eat it myself or not use sugar. My SO was diagnosed with Diabetes not too long after.
what about using splenda for sweet?

good question VB:)

I have had a couple of surprises so far this morning....the first was I was not mentally prepared to greet the package of beef I opened...it was a pound and a half of something labeled "beef slices for jerky" from the outside it looked like bite sized pieces of beef....wrong.....it was 6 sheets of pure beef, good enough to make a person want to eat raw beef.. I went ahead and put it in my favorite marinade and will probably make a stir fry..

the second surprise was a milk/cheese experiment. I thought I was making a fresh chevre, with a recently cultured "buttermilk" product. I used a dry culture packet that said it could be used to make buttermilk, but was promimently labeled "fromage". well, it was not buttermilklike in the least....looks like I made a large pot of fromage......back to the kitchen....:LOL:
That beef sure sounds like it was top-quality. Is that what you intended on doing with it... jerky?

Doesn't sound like your cheese was a bad surprise, but then I don't know what goes into making cheese.

Sunday was a birthday party

Potatoes with Sausage and Peppers made a double batch in a deep dish enameled cast iron Lazagna pan. Forgot to get a shot out of the oven so took a pic as everyone was eating. Real comfort food.

Attachments

• craigs Bday 2010 004.jpg
    craigs Bday 2010 004.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 158
  • craigs Bday 2010 005.jpg
    craigs Bday 2010 005.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom