What's On Your Plate For This Date 1-6-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
We're having grilled, beer brined pork chops with andouille sausage gravy, mashed taters and baby bok choy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had home made Semmelknoedel with Beef Zurich Ragout.. last meat from NYE gone now..

Attachments

• 2014-01-06 Rindergeschnetzeltes_kl.JPG
    2014-01-06 Rindergeschnetzeltes_kl.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 150
Oooh, those mushrooms, Cara, :yum: guys!

Spaghetti with roasted home grown cherry tomatoes and hot Italian sausage, debating whether to add some chopped clams.

Nice dinner. Really enjoy new and authentic recipes. How do you make your Semmelknoedel? I googled a few recipes....

surprisingly easy... just cut dry bread into cubes and soak with warm milk.
Cut one onion and a garlic clove in small cubes and brown in the pan.. add a bit of parsley or chives
Add to the soaked bread, add two or three eggs (depends on the amount of bread)
If the "dough" is too juicy add breadcrumbs until it's smooth.

Bring salted water to simmer, form Knoedel and put it in the simmering water for about 20-25min.
It seems to be it's no problem to leave them in the water for a longer time :cool:

I took a break from work and threw together a pan of lasagna from stuff we had in the pantry. I also had four leftover turkey Italian sausages in the fridge. They weren't all that great by themselves, so I un-cased them and added the crumbled sausage to the sauce for the lasagna.

I have an Italian pot roast (stracotto) simmering - it smells wonderful. I chopped up some extra celery and carrot sticks from New Year's Eve and parsnip that was hanging around in the fridge to give it some more flavor.

The plan is to make rotini to go with it. I'm thinking about trying to make polenta for the first time but I'm concerned about it not working out. I have finely ground masa flour and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Will that work?

Maybe I'll make both ;)

I did end up going with the chimichitos. They were fabulous sitting in the red sauce on my yellow plate :rolleyes:
Lovin' my toaster oven still :chef:

Last edited:
We had my potato, ham and cheese soup tonight. This was very good "comfort food" on a very bitterly cold night. Tomorrow will be colder, and there is plenty of this left over.

With love,
~Cat

We had the spicy octopus on salad with feta and a vinaigrette dressing. The left over oyster stew with it and some sourdough bread on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom