What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the tornado warning finished and then the emergency alert system set off my phone with another tornado warning about two minutes ago. The wind has picked up; there is thunder and lightning; and it's raining cats and dogs.

We made it to the beach and it is a perfect 70F here. Unfortunately, cell service (how I get internet) here has switched from 4Glte that would have a few bars, to 5G and only 1 bar...so I'll be avoiding any threads that take too long to download.

here's a useful idea Kathleen! instead of whining try wine-ing .. :whistling works for me!

taxy between 4:30 thru 5:10 I was driving thru that rain on my way into Vaudreuil. It was bad, many times the windshield wipers could just not clear it. Many times could not see the tails lights in front of me. 2 blocks from my destination, it stopped.

Thanks @Kathleen and @pepperhead212
We didn't get the tornado. There are videos of the funnel cloud over Montreal, but it didn't touch down in Montreal We got wind, heavy rain, lots of thunder, and flashes of light from lightning. The second tornado warning is over. There was a tornado watch still in effect, but I think that is over now too. It's calm here and the sky looks "normal". That was more excitement than I needed while recovering from yesterday's migraine. I'm guessing that the weather was the trigger for this migraine.
here's a useful idea Kathleen! instead of whining try wine-ing .. :whistling works for me!

taxy between 4:30 thru 5:10 I was driving thru that rain on my way into Vaudreuil. It was bad, many times the windshield wipers could just not clear it. Many times could not see the tails lights in front of me. 2 blocks from my destination, it stopped.
Holy cow! What the heck were you doing on the road with tornado warnings going on? I'm pretty sure that by then Ottawa had already had one tornado touch down.

Glad to read that you made it safely to your destination.

My phone did not tell me about the tornado warnings. Had already had one downpour out here in the country, knew that another was coming, but just very nasty thunderstorm warnings - no tornado warnings.
Glad it didn't happen! Destination also not know about tornado warnings - go figure.

It got to 94° today, with a dewpoint of 70°, so it wasn't too pleasant out there. I went out twice, the first time it to harvest some things, so I wasn't out there very long, but the second time was longer, since it was very windy, and it made it bearable! At 11 pm it was still 85° out there. It's supposed to be slightly cooler, the next two days, but even more humid, which isn't good.

My phone did not tell me about the tornado warnings. Had already had one downpour out here in the country, knew that another was coming, but just very nasty thunderstorm warnings - no tornado warnings.
Glad it didn't happen! Destination also not know about tornado warnings - go figure.
Oh, there were tornadoes. I'm glad you didn't meet one. There was a huge funnel cloud over Montreal, that didn't touch down. That's probably all over the news. According to The Weather Whisperer,

Tornadoes…we had a few. One in the outskirts of Ottawa and another in Mirabel. Funnel clouds were also spotted near Vaudreuil, Vankleek Hill, Valleyfield, and I expect more reports will come in for other locations. We had trees downed, cars flooded, metro stations flooded, and plenty of damage to vegetation.

I got warnings on my phone twice. Did I mention that our power was out for an hour. It has been blinking occasionally since it came back on.

It "only" got to 90° today, after 94° yesterday, but the dewpoint was in the low 70s, so the humidity was absolutely disgusting again. Fortunately, it was breezy again, so it was bearable, and I did some things out there, though I still got soaked. It's supposed to be slightly cooler the next two days, but it's getting more humid each day, and possible TSs tomorrow, and almost definite TSs Sunday.

Rudely awakened at 8:15 this morning by a Tornado Warning on my phone. We spent about 45 minutes sitting in our basement. Now all have to deal with is continued rain and flood warnings.

Satan called again, wanting his weather back. I put him on hold.
The 100+ degree heat will continue throughout the week, with a slight chance of rain on the next Monday. Thank heavens for our rainwater barrels since they are the only things keeping the gardens alive.

Supposed to be cooler today, but super humid, and raining much of the day. It was already up to .25" at 9 am, and already up to .39" at 10:30, with just gradual raining. It doesn't look like any of the heavier storms come through my area, but that can change!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom