Where is the degree symbol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jennifer Murphy

Senior Cook
I see posts with the degree symbol (°), but I don't see a way to add it to my posts.

What I have done is switch over to Word where I have keyboard shortcuts for symbols I use a lot.

Is there some way to insert the degree symbol within posts here?

°
ALT (hold down) press 0176
°! Thanks. That works

But on my PC it only works on the numeric keypad and then only if I have NumLock activated. For me, my solution is easier. I'll never remember 0176, but in Word it's Ctrl+Shift+@, space. The @ symbol is kinda like a circle, which makes is easier for my addled brain to remember.

I think it would be helpful to have an "insert symbol" option.

Are you using a Windows computer? If so, you should hava an app called "Character Map". It has all the weird symbols. You can copy and paste them and for stuff like °, it will even tell you what the keystroke is. Yes, it only works on a numeric keypad that has numlock engaged.

I have lots of those keystrokes memorized. I use letters like ø, ö, é, è, å, æ.

Are you using a Windows computer? If so, you should hava an app called "Character Map". It has all the weird symbols. You can copy and paste them and for stuff like °, it will even tell you what the keystroke is. Yes, it only works on a numeric keypad that has numlock engaged.

I have lots of those keystrokes memorized. I use letters like ø, ö, é, è, å, æ.
I just posted a suggestion over on the Xenforo forum to add a symbol tab/button to the editor. Someone over there mentioned charmap, which I wasn't aware of. That will make it much easier.

Thanks

°C
Yep
It's on my phone keyboard.
Otherwise I use oC, also pretty clear

When did Macs get an Alt key? I've just scanned my MacBook Pro keyboard about five times, and can't find an Alt key.

What's next, a "blue screen of death?"

CD
It's the option key but up in the corner of the key it says alt too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom