White Chocolate Apricot Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansasgirl

Senior Cook
These are great brownies!

White Chocolate Apricot Brownies
4 oz White chocolate
1/3 c Butter
1/2 c Packed brown sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
1/4 ts Vanilla
3/4 c AP flour
1/2 ts Baking powder
1/4 ts Salt
1 c Finely chopped dried apricots
1/3 c Sliced almonds
1/3 c Flaked coconut

Preheat oven to 350F
1.In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly until all the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. Set aside.
2.In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture.
3.Combine apricots, almonds and coconut in a separate bowl. Stir half of mixture into the batter.
4.Pour batter into a greased 9-in square baking pan. Sprinkle remaining apricot mixture on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.

Just don't get the drool in the brownies! They are really awesome. I am thinking that chopped dried cherries (NOT the icky candied kind) would merry (HA!) really nicely with the white chocolate and almonds. It would also looks very festive for the holidays!

I was thinking dried cranberries myself. I think I am on a dried cranberry kick lately. Hmmmm, I wonder if there is something missing in my diet that I am craving them so badly?

kansasgirl said:
Just don't get the drool in the brownies! They are really awesome. I am thinking that chopped dried cherries (NOT the icky candied kind) would merry (HA!) really nicely with the white chocolate and almonds. It would also looks very festive for the holidays!

I've got some Dried Cherries in my cupboard right now. I've never really even heard of dried cherries until I moved up here to MI, but then, go figure, most dried cherries are made here. I'll have to add your idea to my files on what to do with dried cherries. Thanks kansasgirl!

All the time! Oatmeal craisin is my favourite. I don't soak the craisins though. I found they get way too mushy. I like em nice and chewy.

Back
Top Bottom