Windmax Induction Cooktop Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krijishy

Assistant Cook
Someone bought us a Windmax WM-D30-1 a couple years ago. I have been generally viewing the power levels on it based on a "Highest number is Highest temperature and Lowest Number is Lowest temperature". I think before I ruin my new pans it would be great to understand more what the power level numbers actually mean... But I can't find any info on this cooktop anywhere...

The power levels go from 200-2000 not for example from 1-10.... Any ideas would be helpful, thank you!

There really isn't going to be a watts to temperature conversion number - it's all related to the different pans being used. I don't see why it would ruin any pans - just don't put them on very long empty. Maybe a cast iron skillet to heat to max, to blacken something, otherwise, add the oil to an empty pan, then watch for shimmering. And induction will heat an empty pan up even faster than gas. For boiling some water, you can use the max, but for sautéing, maybe 50-70%, depending on what you are cooking, and your cooktop - you'll have to learn what works on yours, but it won't be a specific temp to a number on the knob.

Well I switched from non stick to stainless recently and it seems like the stainless heat up FAST and HOT at lower numbers

Induction usually have a temp limiter built in to protect the unit. 460ish is the most common, but some go as high as 500. This is based on the pan heat conducting back to the induction unit so your pan will be somewhat hotter.

What I mean by temperature is if a recipe calls for med-high or med-low how do I know which wattage represents each heat level?

It's essentially the same setting, it just heats up faster and recovers faster because induction is so efficient.

Back
Top Bottom