Would anyone here want to try this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got curious as to what was a "Grind-o-mat". I found pictures on ebay. I have something like that from Moulinex from the 1980s. It's actually very useful and easier to clean than most food processors.

s-l1600.jpg

I got curious as to what was a "Grind-o-mat". I found pictures on ebay. I have something like that from Moulinex from the 1980s. It's actually very useful and easier to clean than most food processors.

s-l1600.jpg

Pretty much all of those attachments are available for Kitchen Aid stand mixers.

CD

I make a black bean brownie, sometimes with red beans but any type of beans will work. There are a lot of combinations that work, with nut butters, without, with liquid sweeteners (honey/maple syrup), dry sweeteners (artificial/date sugar/coconut sugar/white sugar), with flour and gluten free. I make one that uses oatmeal. I say go for it!

If you want something fluffy (but it will be dense too), you'll need flour or something that will hold a bubble, and baking soda/powder. If you like something dense without the fluff, oatmeal works and I skip the baking powder/soda.

If you want something fluffy (but it will be dense too), you'll need flour or something that will hold a bubble, and baking soda/powder. If you like something dense without the fluff, oatmeal works and I skip the baking powder/soda.
Did you watch the whole video? This recipe has baking powder and it rose pretty well. It doesn't look terribly dense.

Another is blondies with chick peas. To those I put in peanut butter powder but you could put in peanut butter.
Here's one recipe for black bean brownies or blondies:
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 c. Syrup (maple or date)
1/2 c. Cocoa, generous (or peanut butter powder)
1 1/2 c. Oat flour (whirred down from whole rolled oats)
2 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Soda
1 Tbs. Vanilla
1/4 - 1/2 c. Water, if needed

In food processor whir until smooth, scraping sides as needed. Pour into lined 9×13. Sprinkle with choco chips and/or nuts, if desired. Bake 35 minutes @ 350F. Cool before cutting.

Or another recipe for them.
In a food processor:
2 and 1/2 C oatmeal any rolled type chopped in food processor for 3 minutes
1/2 cup cocoa
2 t. baking powder (I skip this)
1 t. baking soda (I skip this too)

1/2 cup apple or pear sauce
1/2 cup honey
1 cup date paste
1/2 cup plant milk
2 t. vanilla

1 quart or 4 cups of black beans rinsed and drained
Process until smooth, stir in:
2/3 cup of dairy free chocolate chips (and raisins or dried cherries)
9X13 parchment lined pan, 350 deg F 27 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom