Anyone in the Kitchen tonight ..3/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sliced Smoked Beef Brisket, Roasted Baby Spuds, Roasted Onion, Okra, Tomatoes & Corn, Last of the Spring Mix under the last of the Mandarin-Ginger Dressing...

Salad, Spring Mix, Mandarin-Giners Dressing.jpg

Briskit.jpg

Just finished,

Tenderized steak fried in the skillet, mashed potatoes & brown gravy, green beans. This after a small garden salad with blue cheese dressing. Had a Coke to drink with it. Cherry pie & coffee for later.

Tasted pretty good after a day of yard work & getting the porch boxes ready for
summer flowers and trimming the juniper bushes so the peach trees can get more sun.

The kitchen is a disaster area after I have been spending all my spare spoons taking care of DH. He has a lurgy that won't go away, but no fever (phew).

So, we ordered from Mr. Falafel. We each got a shish taouk platter. It was good. Today, there were pickled peppers without the bitter taste and the pickled turnip was especially good.

Maybe Fri. the 13th had something to do with it, as we would have been sailing away on our Hawaii cruise tonight so I wish I wasn't in the kitchen.:cry:

We're treating ourselves to lobster because of it, and I'm preparing it.

If it turns out well, I'll be back later with pictures.

Maybe Fri. the 13th had something to do with it, as we would have been sailing away on our Hawaii cruise tonight so I wish I wasn't in the kitchen.:cry:

We're treating ourselves to lobster because of it, and I'm preparing it.

If it turns out well, I'll be back later with pictures.

The lobster tails were perfectly broiled and they were in that elusive tender "sweet spot" of being just done, and no more. :yum:They were served along with cheese ravioli in a creamed tomato basil and wine sauce, with steamed broccoli on the side. We had a bottle of Dashwood Sauvignon Blanc and toasted to the good health of all of you, along with all those we know and love.

Attachments

• P3130027.jpg
    P3130027.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 106
It's bad luck to be in the kitchen on Friday the 13th ;) We're ordering pizza tonight [emoji487]

It's bad luck to be anywhere other than your house on Friday the 13th. Mom and I had to go to the grocery store. We got our groceries and when we got back in the car, it wouldn't start. Thankfully our mechanic makes "house calls". He came out and got the car started, followed us to the house so I could put groceries away (had to keep the car running the whole time) and then we took the car out to his shop. Probably needs a new battery, we'll find out today. He then took us home.

We didn't get home until after 1, so ordered a pizza and some chicken wings for lunch. Had what was left of them for supper last night, with a salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom