Dinner Tuesday 11th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just can't believe my grocery store doesn't have Hillshire smoked kielbasa and they've got the turkey and the cheese one. The goofs. I need my processed meat! lol

If you asked really nice, would they order it for you?

That's a good question, Dawg.
I'd hate to ask them to start stocking the regular stuff and not have enough room on the shelves for the cheese stuffed kielbasa. Apparently my town loves the stuff :LOL:
Seriously, I think the town grocer operates like a thrift grocer. They buy what they can if they get a good deal on it. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. I need to run into the city for kalamata olives anyway.

It's so nice to grill when it's freezing. The dang bugs aren't flying around the porch lights :)

Attachments

• Steak dinner.jpg
    Steak dinner.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 193
I'm going to fry some panko/parmesan crusted chicken cutlets. Sides of farfalle with a pesto/cream sauce and a sliced cucumber salad marinated in apple cider vinegar and dill. The specialty store I like had their german christmas treat shipment so I got a Rum Stollen for dessert.

I had really wanted to make a DO meal with veggies and smoked kielbasa, but the town grocer sells two kinds of kielbasa, turkey and the kind stuffed with cheese :wacko:
So it will be steak, green beans, potato and garlic bread.
On the up side though, I noticed they started carrying whole Perdue chickens :clap:

poor pac, no processed meats--he'll have to settle for steak tonight.:(

we feel your pain....

LPBeier;1216746 The [SIZE=1 said:
cauliflower[/SIZE] worked well as a replacement for potato :angel:

LP, I'm not sure why this is a word that must remain unspoken, I 'll just go with it. I have successfully overcooked ( on purpose) this tasty vegetable and mashed them like mash potatoes, actually mixed in w/ potatoes at the time. Drain well after cooking and beat 'em up like crazy. No leftovers to contend with, they are that good. And no evidence for the food police to find out about. :rolleyes:

That's a good question, Dawg.
I'd hate to ask them to start stocking the regular stuff and not have enough room on the shelves for the cheese stuffed kielbasa. Apparently my town loves the stuff :LOL:
Seriously, I think the town grocer operates like a thrift grocer. They buy what they can if they get a good deal on it. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. I need to run into the city for kalamata olives anyway.

Thats really strange... Swear we have 15 types of kielbasa/ smoked sausage at a time at the store...

LP, I'm not sure why this is a word that must remain unspoken, I 'll just go with it. I have successfully overcooked ( on purpose) this tasty vegetable and mashed them like mash potatoes, actually mixed in w/ potatoes at the time. Drain well after cooking and beat 'em up like crazy. No leftovers to contend with, they are that good. And no evidence for the food police to find out about. :rolleyes:
Whisk, I totally agree with you on the subject of cauliflower - great raw, steamed tendercrisp or cooked to mush in soups or as you said like mash potatoes. However, there are a few people here who get a little squeamish around this gem of a veggie :LOL::LOL:

Pac, we have a butcher in the town my Dad used to live in not to far away that makes the most amazing smoked kielbasa - no turkey, no cheese. I wish you lived closer....

Uhuhmmmm....Laurie I do live closer ;). Care to share the name of that butcher? We love smoked koo-ba-sa :)

Thanks folks :)

LP, I steamed the green beans then sauteed in bacon grease.

I like the idea of sliced meatballs on pizza! :yum:
And I was just reminded that have grape tomatoes somewhere in my refrigerator :ermm:

You might want to give Boar's Head / Brunkhorst brand kielbasa a try.

I've never seen that brand there.
They did have two other brands, Smithfields and Smith's, but none were either plain kielbasa or the smoked version I had wanted.
No biggie. It will force me into a larger grocery store and I can pick up some other items they don't stock.

Back
Top Bottom