Dinner Tuesday, February 15, 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Too sad to cook today. Why sad? Because pitchers and catchers should have reported to spring training camp today...

Also, once again we have leftovers. I had the pork chops with apples. The asparagus was fresh cooked, though. Himself had some of yesterday's soup. Since tonight is the first time he's having some, can it really be called leftovers for him?
View attachment 50955

Yes, Andy. Pitchers and catchers are wandering around outside of stadiums, I'd bet.

We had "braised" ham steaks, and the load of Polish food that I bought my wife yesterday. Rye, maslo butter, potato salad and coleslaw.

Dessert was NY style cheesecake that my son's gf made for us. It was supposedly made in a pressure cooker. She sent us the recipe. It was delicious.

Gotta see how to male this for myself.

I exhausted myself making "bortsch". That's what Danes call "borscht". At least there's plenty left. I used the julienne blade on my mandoline. If you look carefully, you can see that some of the veg are a bit thicker. I used the "French fry" blade for the turnip, since I was planning to make fermented turnips and that meant I only needed to get the mandoline out once and only needed to wash it once. Yes, I have started the turnips fermenting with some beet for colour. I found out why all the veg has to be sautéed for this soup. It wasn't going to all fit in the pot otherwise. It was more a question of wilting it.

I think I'll use the food processor for the vegis next time I make this soup. It was pretty good, but not as good as I had hoped. The smell held promise that wasn't quite fulfilled. I'll be asking some friends with Slavic culture for some tips to kick it up a notch.

Beef, beet borscht.gif

Beef borscht with crème fraiche and rugbrød.gif

Tried a new to us Chinese food place.
Quite pleased with the meal.
Hot Crisp Fish, Stir fry Noodles and Sweet and Sour Pork.

White chocolate pudding was dessert.

Ross
IMG_20220215_131834102.jpgIMG_20220215_131652261.jpgIMG_20220215_131331269_MP.jpg

While I attended my monthly Master Gardener meeting via Zoom, DH heated up a PF Chang's sweet and sour chicken meal, adding some green beans for more veg action, and made rice. Not too bad for a frozen dinner.
20220215_194927.jpg

Monday night we had ordered out from a new place, Saigon House. Not sure what the kids had as I left them alone for their Valentine's Evening.

I ordered 2 Shrimp Spring Rolls, Shrimp Fried Rice, Chicken and Udon Stir Fry.

The servings were HUGE! I ate one Spring Roll (peanut sauce), and only a couple of mouthfuls each of the other two dishes as I was already stuffed!

So Fried Rice for brekky and the last of the Chicken Stir Fry for supper.

Today I had more Fried Rice for lunch. And there is still another hearty serving of the Rice - but that's gone to the freezer for another day. Whew!

Attachments

• 20220214_210935.jpg
    20220214_210935.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220214_210954.jpg
    20220214_210954.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom