Dinner, Wed. Sept. 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled steaks. Double baked potatoe for one, sweet potatoes in orange juice, red onion, and fresh rosemary for the others, brussell sprouts, marinated cherry tomatoes.

I think I'll throw some berber chixken cordon bleus in the oven. There not too bad. Maybe make some instant mashed to go with it. Not sure about veggie yet. I'll have to scope the freezor to see what's in there.

Need Easy as Pie stuff with 2 kids under 2. :rolleyes:

For lunch I'll probably have some of the left over "ham...potatoe and corn casserole" that was made in the crock pot yesterday.

We'll stop for a burger on the way to the concert.

Def Leppard with Foreigner and Styx!!! Going with 12 friends! Can't wait!!!!

Will be making soft tacos filled with chicken, fresh baby spinach, garden tomatoes, extra sharp cheddar cheese, and hot salsa. Probably some spicy rice on the side. It's too hot and humid to cook a big meal today.

I had my photography class tonight, so DH cooked dinner, and it was a doozie. We had bought some wahoo a while back and put it in the freezer; he thawed it and cooked it in the cast-iron grill pan with a sauce made with butter, olive oil, garlic, parsley, Cajun seasoning and lime (we were out of lemon). It turned out great. See?

wahoo.jpg

Next time, though, we thought it would be better to marinate the fish for a half hour or so in the sauce before cooking. We also had some leftover purchased stuffed crabs and a fresh salad.

Made a Penne Arrabiatta with Chicken Breast. Maybe one day my daughter will say, "Pasta again?!?!?" but for now it's all good.

IC, it looks wonderful! My kids have never gotten tired of pasta even though I serve it a lot. And I use canned sauce - just think how happy they would be if I managed home made like yours. If your daughter ever balks, just remind her of the poor children in Texas who sit down to pasta with Prego! :LOL:

IC, it looks wonderful! My kids have never gotten tired of pasta even though I serve it a lot. And I use canned sauce - just think how happy they would be if I managed home made like yours. If your daughter ever balks, just remind her of the poor children in Texas who sit down to pasta with Prego! :LOL:

Hey, there. Rachael Ray has a really easy recipe for homemade marinara sauce: Meatball Subs Recipe: Recipes: Food Network It actually seems like more of an arrabbiatta sauce to me, because of the red pepper flakes. But it's really good.

I got lazy tonight and decided to go for the liquid variety of dinner. The hubby cooked himself up to greek style marnated chicken breasts on the sandwich maker with bacon, cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, fried egg and my home made mayo abd hot sauce.

Hey, there. Rachael Ray has a really easy recipe for homemade marinara sauce: Meatball Subs Recipe: Recipes: Food Network It actually seems like more of an arrabbiatta sauce to me, because of the red pepper flakes. But it's really good.
Thanks GG! I think I could make that sauce and since I have everything I need right now in the pantry, we're having pasta for supper with that sauce!

I had my photography class tonight, so DH cooked dinner, and it was a doozie. We had bought some wahoo a while back and put it in the freezer; he thawed it and cooked it in the cast-iron grill pan with a sauce made with butter, olive oil, garlic, parsley, Cajun seasoning and lime (we were out of lemon). It turned out great. See?

wahoo.jpg

Next time, though, we thought it would be better to marinate the fish for a half hour or so in the sauce before cooking. We also had some leftover purchased stuffed crabs and a fresh salad.

Your fish looks delish gg. Wahoo! (Couldn't resist.) Haven't tried it, what is the texture taste like. Thanks for sharing.

IC, your Arrabiatta looks yum too. Too bad we can't combine the two on one virtual plate. I almost never get tired of pasta.

Last edited:
Your fish looks delish gg. Wahoo! (Couldn't resist.) Haven't tried it, what is the texture taste like. Thanks for sharing.

IC, your Arrabiatta looks yum too. Too bad we can't combine the two on one virtual plate. I almost never get tired of pasta.

Thanks. As a graphic designer, I almost took that as a dare ;)

wahoo-with-penne.jpg

Oh, about the wahoo, it's a firm fish, like salmon, but not meaty like swordfish; the filets we got were about 1.5 inches thick. It has a mild flavor, which is why we thought it would benefit from some marinating.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom