Dinner Wednesday July 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
We are having potato salad and roasted red pepper hummus with chips. Didn't have time to make a fruit crisp. I got enough blueberries at the store this morning, so maybe I can make it tomorrow.

What are you eating?

Too hot here to think about spending time in the kitchen. Sure, yeah, I say this after just having taken two baguettes out of the oven. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer today. But my body said we had to have crusty bread with dinner. I didn't argue.

Anyway, I was trying to be a good doobee by utilizing the crock-pot to make our entree. I surprised myself when what I thought was short ribs turned out to be oxtails. No problem. The recipe for the short ribs seemed fair enough to use for oxtails. So....

We'll find out when dinner is served.

Fresh watermelon from the garden for dessert.

Sounds really good, ladies. :yum:

I just looked through the veggie bin and have some spinach, a couple of mushrooms, about half of a red bell, and some chives to use up. I'm thinking this afternoon's dinner will be an omelet. Or maybe an oven frittata. If there's any left over, I'll gently warm it for breakfast manana.

Tyler is here now driving his police cars all over the dining room table and asking me to watch how cool they are, so I'm kind of distracted. :ermm::LOL:

Inspired by roadfix's grilling chicken wings, am defrosting some chicken wings for tonight's dinner with a salad.

Not sure about dinner. A few choices available - chili, stuffed shells, or either pasta with green olive (and anchovy) sauce or Pasta and broccoli Aglio E Olio.

I'll make decent size, mostly filling salads. I am leaving enough room, though, to clean out the mac-and-cheese from supper a couple of nights ago. With a trip to the farmers' market and Aldi on my (very changeable) schedule tomorrow, I must make room.

Not sure about dinner. A few choices available - chili, stuffed shells, or either pasta with green olive (and anchovy) sauce or Pasta and broccoli Aglio E Olio.

Change of plans. DD wants western omelette and corn bread for dinner.

Pot roast with extra gravy served over rice.
Salad and fresh baked bread.

Pineapple upside down cake sounds really good right now.
Think I have everything needed for it to.

Today's Mr.Munky's last day of therapy.
He's going in style..:chef:

I OD'd on gummy bears, so just a small bite of baked chicken and some cucumber limeade.

Scalloped potatoes and ham, it was very good! I was gone most of the day so I threw it in the crockpot on low at 9am and it was perfect by 5!

I always feel guilty when I say we're having bacon wrapped pan fried Filet Mignon's, like we did tonight.

Good grief, in the 'good' old days, I sure remember running out of food at the end of the paycheck!
It turns out, that with attention to sales at the market, SC can buy enough meat for a bacon wrapped fillet dinner with all the trimmings for the price of two Big Mac Combos. Now I ask you?

Your dear SC sure has some mad shopping skills, Kay!

Tonight's vat of greens and veggies:

Attachments

• 20170726_220201.jpg
    20170726_220201.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 118
Once again, I ditched the veggie skewers on the grill, and did a stir-fry instead. It was partly due to the heat outside, but mostly due to the mosquitos. Over the last few years, they are getting ridiculous -- and West Nile Disease has become an annual problem.

The stir-fry was good, although I do miss that little bit of woody-char on my veggies that I can only get from the grill. The veggies were red bells, yellow bells, vidallia onions and mushrooms. I seasoned the oil with garlic and finely sliced fresh cayenne peppers from my garden. That kiss of heat almost made up for the missing char.

CD

We had saganaki with kefalotyri cheese for an appy. Souvlaki style ground pork and turkey sliders in homemade pita bread with tzatziki and Greek tomato sauce. Ouzo used for the cheese and in the sliders.

NjsttWTeStLQ30u6ywLH61hew1C1HdUbdGjtLXxIOdMpX92IB

Friends traveling from Oregon to So Cal dropped in so, we took them to our fave Italian joint... Calamari, meatball panninis, Alfredo pasta.. A nice house red and cold beer added to our pleasurable visit and dinner..

Ross

My book club meeting was last night, so I spent the afternoon making crostini with fresh pesto made with garden herbs, topped with diced tomatoes and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for my appetizer contribution. DH went golfing and then fed himself [emoji38]

Mom had a Dr. appointment yesterday afternoon so we stopped at our local Farm Fresh afterwards and got fried chicken & french fries to take home along with some more bread and spring water. After we got home, I fixed a quick salad to have with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom