Saturday Night's all right for cooking - NOT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We picked up a porterhouse while grocery shopping Thursday. Tonight I’ll cook it over charcoal on the Weber. Corn on the cob and tossed salad will complete the meal.

We ordered sausage mushroom pizza delivery. Tipped the driver well, while wishing I could have tipped the cook too. Hot work and glad to avoid it today.

Used up all my cooking spoons yesterday. I added some lettuce to the leftovers of yesterday's salad, and pulled out yesterday's blue cheese dressing. I made some devilled eggs. DH put a bunch of kinds of bread, cold cuts, and cheese on the table. It was a pleasant, lazy supper. We had white wine with that.

It was 98 here today, but that's nothing new. We had to eat, so I cooked.

I made a Vietnamese Caramel Fish - recipe from Milk Street.
Start with a caramel of coconut water & sugar. Add fish sauce, lime peel, shallots, ginger to make a sauce. Poach the cod in the sauce for 6 minutes. Remove & reduce the sauce. Garnish with cilantro and seranos.

We loved it! It is definitely going in the rotation.

Attachments

• 20200718_193302.jpg
    20200718_193302.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 67
It was a breezy (thank you, ceiling fan), comfortable 75 degrees (bless you, Willis Carrier) in the kitchen, so I stirred up a batch of Chungah's Easy Lo Mein. Didn't have mushrooms, so I substituted small shrimp. Himself didn't want vegetarian. So good either of us could have eaten the entire wok of food alone!

IMG_20200718_202509965_HDR.jpg

It was a breezy (thank you, ceiling fan), comfortable 75 degrees (bless you, Willis Carrier) in the kitchen, so I stirred up a batch of Chungah's Easy Lo Mein. Didn't have mushrooms, so I substituted small shrimp. Himself didn't want vegetarian. So good either of us could have eaten the entire wok of food alone!

View attachment 41940

Oh my goodness, that looks delicious. I love that website and have made several of her recipes.

Hot here too, but tonight I'm making a shrimp and vegetable calzone, making the crust from scratch using my regular pizza dough recipe.

We've lucked out with the heat as it's 76F at 4:45pm. today. I'm sure I'll be crabbing about the heat before long though.

I have an abundance of fresh veggies so I'm doing this tonight. https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/egg-roll-in-a-bowl-aka-fancy-crack-slaw-104579.html

Once again it was delicious with this versatile recipe. Tonight I had elderly asparagus that I sliced and added to the 4 cups of mixed veggies. Again I used ground beef. Jasmine rice on the side. Two lunches left over makes us happy.
My "Egg Roll in a Bowl, aka Fancy Crack Slaw"

Attachments

• P7180045.jpg
    P7180045.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom