Saturday's Kitchen - 2/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled Tavern Ham Steak on a bed of Cabbage, Buttered Corn, Boiled Sweet Potato, Creamy Slaw, carried in....

Ham Steak, Tavern.jpg

We had Italian sausage and black bean soup with rainbow chard. There was also grated pecorino Romano and EVOO to dress the soup. I served it with whole wheat baguette and a plate of EVOO with balsamic vinegar to dip the bread in. I'm stuffed. I have enough soup for two more meals for the two of us.

This is a plate of shredded beef ragu over hand made pasta. As it was just one serving, I hand rolled and hand cut it rather than setting up the pasta machine.

EE1F3ACE-CA2D-4D44-9AB2-C55BF5F3A85E_1_105_c.jpg

We had leftovers. Himself finished the spaghetti sauce with extra pasta from last night. I had some of last night's mac and cheese along with some BBQ pork chops.

I made pan-seared pork chops with Greek seasoning and roasted feta and grape tomatoes with olive oil, oregano and black pepper. After cooking the tomatoes and feta, I combined them with pasta. Then I made a quick mustard-mayo pan sauce. It was pretty good.
20210220_201800.jpg20210220_200030.jpg

DD wanted to order from Bonchon. Hub and I split an order of 6 wings (pieces), 3 drums and Cole slaw. Hub had the drums and slaw. I had the wing pieces with Frank's to dip in. They were the best fried chicken wings I've had in a very long time. Nice and crispy and not overly seasoned.

Back
Top Bottom