So, What's for Dinner Friday, August 6th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, I am first today!

I am in full out cake mode today with a large wedding cake to deliver on Sunday. So, when I bake I don't cook. DH is thinking he will bbq burgers - bison for him, beef for Dad and chicken for me. Fixings will be deli potato salad and fresh tomatoes from my friends garden!

What are you having at your house?

Zucchini in a sour cream sauce, and a tomato & locatelli cheese salad with an olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic dressing; herbed with fresh basil and dried oregano. Eberstaedter Lemberger Qualitaetswein (1981).

Tomato & Mushroom Pasta

wpid-2010-08-06_18-16-27_406.jpg

We had a pretty late lunch at TGI Fridays, we hadn't been there in YEARS, so just a bowl of ice cream in a little bit.

Last edited:
Husband is out of town for a few days, so no cooking for me. I'm going to heat up some smoked pulled pork out of the freezer, and make a big ole sloppy pulled pork sandwich with the required coleslaw inside.

Breaded chicken cutlet, steamed fresh spinach, tomato salad, Kraft home style Mac & Cheese (with crumb topping, unbaked).

img_912940_0_823202714a107157e30e8332aab1618a.jpg

Last edited:
We grilled chicken I'd marinated in olive oil,Dijon,and honey, roasted green beans with evoo,salt,pepper then when done I added pecorino ramono cheese on top, fried zucchini with onion,garlic fresh herbs from the yard, parmasean, beaten eggs, baby greens with our tomatoes red wine vinegar from Italy and olive oil and Ice Cream for dessert.
kades:)

Orzo with garlic, red bell pepper, green peas, and goat cheese.

I have standing orders with a fresh salmon company that delivers fresh salmon as soon as it's harvested. Today we received the Reef-Net Sockeye filet. I divided the 1 1/2 lb. filet in two, freezing half, and cutting the other half into 2 filets. I then sprayed it with a little olive oil, and cooked it with a little sea salt and coarse ground pepper (provided by the company), @ 275 for about 20-25 minutes. We always like to try this initially with a minimal prep, so we can easily taste the nuances of the salmon. They are all different! I'm new here, so I don't know if it's ok to post the site where I always get our salmon. Mods--please advise! I served this with some white/wild rice and some fresh peas. It's so cool, since this place I get this from is pretty close to 2500-3000 miles away--it's still cold and fresh after being shipped FedEx!

God I wish I could like salmon, everybody does but me.........
Oh Ho you are not alone, salmon makes me shudder.I feel like this when someone says salmon OK? Nobody likes me every body hates me I'm goin to the garden and eat me some worms. Then I run like crazy In fact i'd rather take a beating from experts
.kades:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom