Sunday Dinner 12/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Breaded Pork Lion Chop - Air Fryer, Mashed & Buttered Idaho's, Lefty Harvard Beets, and the Salad...

Pork Loin Chop, Breaded.jpg

I whipped up an old skillet dinner recipe from my Boy Scout days that has become a nostalgia dish.

IMG_0123.jpg

We're suppose to get snow tonight,
so quick like a bunny I bopped outside
and grilled a Strip Steak, sautéed some `shrooms
in butter/olive oil/garlic/fresh thyme...
deep fried some Fries, made a small
side chopped Salad and what you have here
my friends is a gorgeous Parisian-Bistro-Style
Supper of Steak Frites!
:chef:

DH asked me, how come I never see this
on a menu when we go out to eat?

Well ... first of all we live in COWBOYVILLE :LOL:
this is more of a big-city-fancy-pants kinda dish!
Although, to be fair to the ranchers around
these parts, we could order a nice piece of local
Beef with French Fries and just call it what
you want! `probly cheaper that way too ;)

We worked over some leftovers from the last two days. Himself had a regular salad, then finished the Chinese. I piled some leftovers (prime rib, baby potatoes, chicken fingers) on a bed of romaine and iceberg, then added a few extras (egg, tomatoes, black olives along with a forgotten avocado). Himself called it a cobbled salad. [emoji38]

IMG_20201227_205744743_HDR.jpg

I whipped up an old skillet dinner recipe from my Boy Scout days that has become a nostalgia dish.

I love those nostalgia kinds of meals more and more with each passing year. What was in your skillet dinner?

View attachment 44672
my friends is a gorgeous Parisian-Bistro-Style
Supper of Steak Frites!
:chef:

DH asked me, how come I never see this
on a menu when we go out to eat?

Well ... first of all we live in COWBOYVILLE :LOL:
this is more of a big-city-fancy-pants kinda dish!
Although, to be fair to the ranchers around
these parts, we could order a nice piece of local
Beef with French Fries and just call it what
you want! `probly cheaper that way too ;)

LOL....while we do not live in Cowboyville, we do have a quite nice Parisian-Style Bistro that offers Steak Frites that is a much scaled down version of yours for the low cost of $45. The steak part is likely better in Cowboyville. :yum: Oh, the Champignons would cost you an extra $8 as well....and again, you would get a scaled down version. I'll bet yours is just as good if not better - even more so now since all restaurants around here can only offer delivery or carry-out.

I made meatloaf with mashed potatoes and Brussel sprouts. In the kitchen! Without ventilation. But sooooon.

Attachments

• 2020-12-27.jpg
    2020-12-27.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I love those nostalgia kinds of meals more and more with each passing year. What was in your skillet dinner?...

Ground beef, onion, and cans of: cream of mushroom soup, corn, peas, mushrooms and diced potatoes. Truly a gourmet delight!:LOL::LOL:

I made a tray back for supper: Carrots, celeriac, onion, cauliflower, a few potato wedgies, Italian sausage, chicken breast (a tiny one), and a chicken leg. That turned out really, really well. We both ate too much, but there are still lots of left overs, or as my home ec teacher would have called them, "planned overs". The chicken was marinated in a bottled vindaloo curry paste.

Attachments

• PXL_20201228_010917130.jpg
    PXL_20201228_010917130.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20201228_010949762.jpg
    PXL_20201228_010949762.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 52
Made a potato salad to go with the last of the Christmas day wings.

Pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream was dessert.

Ross

DH made spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner. I made the salad and we had cookies for dessert. One of our neighbors gave us the iced ones - mittens and Christmas trees.
20201227_192139.jpg
20201227_200846~2.jpg

I love those nostalgia kinds of meals more and more with each passing year. What was in your skillet dinner?

LOL....while we do not live in Cowboyville, we do have a quite nice Parisian-Style Bistro that offers Steak Frites that is a much scaled down version of yours for the low cost of $45. The steak part is likely better in Cowboyville. :yum: Oh, the Champignons would cost you an extra $8 as well....and again, you would get a scaled down version. I'll bet yours is just as good if not better - even more so now since all restaurants around here can only offer delivery or carry-out.

I made meatloaf with mashed potatoes and Brussel sprouts. In the kitchen! Without ventilation. But sooooon.

That's funny, Kathleen, DH did ask me, as he usually does, what this meal would cost in a restaurant and I couldn't even begin to imagine. The last time that I had Steak Frites in a restaurant was in New York City with my Mother at Balthazar, back in 2013, what a treat!

So, you got me thinking about this and I looked it up ...

$41 + $13 +$15 for a salad + 2 glasses of wine @ $16 each ... tax & tip ... HOA!

That doesn't even include dessert and coffee!!!
Where did I find that kinda money? :huh:

:LOL:
Your Meatloaf dinner looks divine! :yum:

Back
Top Bottom