Sunday Dinner 9th September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Making the pulled pork I didn't do yesterday. Sweet potato "fries" and salad as sides.
Sounds good, LP. BTW, there are three fruitcake recipes in my grandma's recipe book--one is white, one is dark, and the other ? I don't do fruitcake, you'd have to play with the instructions--she was good about measurements, re: baking.

Eggplant parmesan and pork cutlets with sage butter sauce..

Attachments

• DSC00839.jpg
    DSC00839.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC00846.jpg
    DSC00846.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
It's a good thing I like chicken. Grilled 2 bone in breasts. I like when air bubbles appear on the chicken skin and get really crispy. Wish I knew how to make this happpen on purpose. Also grilled corn on the cob and boiled beets-- both with butter.

I went for a walk after dinner too !

Oh so pretty, Dave! The herbs look nice too!

Good looking peppers

Thanks! :) I think the excessive heat this summer helped a lot. I've never gotten so many peppers as I have this year especially red ones.

That's the last of the crop except for 4 Moles that still weren't brown and a handful of Hungarian Wax that are still just a bit too small.

The herb were Genovese basil, Thai basil and Italian Oregano.

i got together with the head coach of my boy's little league baseball team and we took the little guy fishing at a lake in town.

afterwards, we went home to wash up and dw joined all of us for dinner at our favourite mom and pop italian joint for dinner, my treat. it was a thank you to coach louis for being such a great guy and inspiration to so many young men over the past two years.
we started with fried shrimp and calamari, then house salads, then dw had veal piccata, my boy had a bacon cheeseburger, coach had penne a la vodka with grilled chicken, and i had chicken mona lisa (grilled chicken layered with prosciutto, spinach, and mozzarella in vodka sauce).

dessert was coffee and tiramisu.

the best part about dinner was that coach louis (now football coach louis) finally convinced dw to allow my boy to play football this fall so long as he was on coach's team. he also convinced her to let me be his assistant coach again for the team. on top of all of this, he wants my boy to try out for qb since he's big and has a good arm.

woohoo! time to start teaching the boy how to shake off defenders, the 3 and 5 step drop, bootlegs, wildcats, and throwing spirals.

it was a good day.

i never thought dw would go for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom