Sunday supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I've been making the filling for pork and tomatillo burritos, cowboy beans, now I have to get the rice going, we are also having as an appy scallops marinated then wrapped in bacon and broiled..Picked up waffle shells and will fill with brownie bits and ice cream and top with whipped cream..What are you planning?

kadesma

I have chicken breasts thawing out but still not sure what I'm going to do with them. Whatever it is I'll have to make do with what ingredients I have here as I have no intention of going to the story..........just lazy rainy Sunday.

We're grilling steak and salmon also having twice baked taters with broccoli and sauteed mushrooms.The weather is too beautiful to stay inside!!!
Kades your dinner sounds terrific- Enjoy!!!!!!
Love and energy, VIcki

VickiQ said:
We're grilling steak and salmon also having twice baked taters with broccoli and sauteed mushrooms.The weather is too beautiful to stay inside!!!
Kades your dinner sounds terrific- Enjoy!!!!!!
Love and energy, VIcki
Thanks Vicki,
your dinner sound great too. How lucky to ge able to grill..I can hardly wait..Have a wonderful dinner.

kadesma:)

We are dusting off out grill and making burgers tonight. I can't wait. I have the patties mixed and formed and ready to go :)

Leftovers night!

We bought some ground beef in bulk a few days ago, nearly 6 lbs of it, and it was used mostly for burgers and some kooky experiments of mine. So we have about 6 or so burgers still left to eat, and I'd rather they not go bad.

We are inaugurating the cooker's debut this year with beer can chicken. The weather is super nice, so we've been doing some yard work finally and just naturally gravitated over to the cooker after we were done.

I picked up some gorgeous fresh swordfish steaks from our local organic market this morning & plan on slathering them with a mixture of mayo, mustard, lemon juice, & chopped fresh tarragon & running them under the broiler. Will serve them with some adorable sauteed baby zucchini dressed with a little melted butter & a sprinkling of seasoned breadcrumbs.

Lasagna here. Homemade noodles, sauce , etc. and some garlic bread on the side. I made it with chicken and spinach.

texasgirl said:
Gumbo and rice.

This is something I have got to try sometime.....homemade that is. I tried it in a can (Healthy Choice) but it really wasn't very good. I'm sure I'd love it if it were homemade though.

Ohhhhh that looks really good. I'll have to substitute some of the meats though. DH doesn't do real spicy so the cajun meat is out and he doesn't care for scallops. Is the broth pretty spicy? I love spicy but as before DH isn't into a lot of heat.

I made a hearty vegetable beef soup and SierraCook's Sierra Brewfest Beer Bread.

DD called right after we got home from church and asked if we could come to dinner about 4. SIL grilled chicken and dd roasted new potatoes and mixed veggies, I made a salad and she made strawberry shortcake. It was all delicious and we certainly enjoyed the visit. DD said she was so glad they are back in our area for good. It is so nice to have close family to dinner and to eat with often.

We, too, had a leftovers night. After a big, late breakfast (late night last night, time change today) we just foraged through the fridge and heated up the various home-made soups, stews, potato dishes, and salads I'd made througout the week.

Everyone's dinners sound absolutely delicious. I am jealous of everyone that got a chance to grill their dinners. The weather was too yucky today for any outdoor activities. For my dinner, I had corned beef, oven roasted rosemary red potatoes, and a tossed green salad. I bought this corned beef round around St. Paddy's day and decided that I better get it cooked before it got to hot (wishful thinking that it would be that hot) to use the oven for several hours.

Back
Top Bottom