Tuesday 10th Jan 2012 what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kayelle said:
I spent most of the day with friends eating, talking, and seeing a movie. Fun!!
It sure smelled good when I came through the door as
I pulled out the crock pot this morning knowing I'd be gone most of the day. I have potatoes, parsnips, celery, carrots, rutabaga on the bottom, and small pot roast on the top. I mixed up Lipton Onion Soup, Cream of Mushroom soup and Burgundy wine and poured it over the top. Yep, I know it's overloaded with tasty salt :ermm: Garlic bread will round out the meal.

We have similar tastes in CP pot roast, Kayelle!

CWS4322 said:
Guilty--I brought Myrtle in the house in a Vari200 dog crate to help...she was very helpful...and went back out to the barn to tell the others that there is heat in the Big Chicken's house and TREATS!

Did you ever find her lovely coat, CW?

Just about ready to start my Korean Kogi BBQ and a quesadilla for a chaser.

Did you ever find her lovely coat, CW?
No--I looked all over--including in the canoe (Eggatha, er, Agatha, had a fit when my head popped up to check the canoe and she was laying her egg). No coat. I can't find it anywhere--but, Cocky Rocky did kill a mouse--could it be, the mouse stole Myrtle's coat first and Cocky Rocky challenged him to a duel? What they do when not supervised...note to self--get a web cam to watch what they do when I am not there...

Semi boneless chuck steak nicely seasoned with herbs and spices grilled on CI stovetop grill pan. Sides are a salad composed of red and green butter lettuce, vine tomatoes (shop-rite has beautiful vine tomatoes all year), black olives, raw broccoli and mushroom caps dressed with homemade vinaigrette dressing and topped with roasted sliced almonds and mushroom caps steamed then sautéed in butter with some Maggi seasoning.

img_1094272_0_16b011025e68f5795252dc9fc8483909.jpg

CWS4322 said:
No--I looked all over--including in the canoe (Eggatha, er, Agatha, had a fit when my head popped up to check the canoe and she was laying her egg). No coat. I can't find it anywhere--but, Cocky Rocky did kill a mouse--could it be, the mouse stole Myrtle's coat first and Cocky Rocky challenged him to a duel? What they do when not supervised...note to self--get a web cam to watch what they do when I am not there...

Grumble. All that work. Maybe try a sweatshirt sleeve next time.

We do need a chickencam!

msmofet said:
Semi boneless chuck steak nicely seasoned with herbs and spices grilled on CI stovetop grill pan. Sides are a salad composed of red and green butter lettuce, vine tomatoes (shop-rite has beautiful vine tomatoes all year), black olives, raw broccoli and mushroom caps dressed with homemade vinaigrette dressing and topped with roasted sliced almonds and mushroom caps steamed then sautéed in butter with some Maggi seasoning.

How do you DO that, MM? Beautiful! Are you a food stylist?

My DD and I just serve the food and I take a picture. Lots of the members here post much better pictures than me.

Well that was a beautiful picture, on edit, wow.. all of your pictures are beautiful in your profile :)

Last edited:
Grilled cheeseburgers with maple glazed bacon and all the trimmings, along with seasoned grilled potato wedges, I am missing summer!

I had some "sirloin" steak from "that 1/3 of a cow" my MIL gave us last year. I used a tool that makes lots of little holes in it. I only did that on half of it - as a test. It works, but it was still chewy. The bit that didn't have the holes and was cut across the grain was even chewier. I steamed some cauliflower by putting in with the red cabbage and nuking it. It was a bit purple, but yummy. The steak was yummy too.

Back
Top Bottom