Wednesday Dinner Table 9/8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning everyone,

Beautiful sunny day here as the kids go back to school today.

Dinner tonight will be roast chicken and potatoes, and a salad.

HAGD:chef:

Crock-pot meal here tonight: bone-in pork ribs and saurkraut. Probably baked potato to go with.

I'm taking some homemade ham and pineapple pizza up to the hospital. Dad and I are going to watch a baseball game. I'm sending a gluten free version with the same toppings to work tonight with DH.

It will be so nice when we can all eat together again under the same roof!

Sauted yellow and zucchini squash, onion, garlic, pimentos and shrimp.

Banana cream pie using pudding mix, bananas, gingersnap crust topped with Cool Whip.topping.

I'm thinking I might try adding some peanut butter to the gingersnap crust.

I bought some Lamb breasts that i was going to use for Birria and the bag boy said they smelled.I had my 2 yr old with me and I thought it was time for a new diaper.
I got home changed his diaper and it was clean. I went to unloading the groceries and found out what the smell was.The Lamb was beyond bad.I took it back to the store and when the checker opened the bag she yelled for the store manager.The worse part was the butcher had just brought the tray out from the back and loaded the shelf.I told the store they better check everything.

I couldn't eat lamb tonight now!

Roast Chicken for me!

It's going to be rice with a shrimp sauce to go on top, artichoke ring, salad with tomatoes,avocado,and sweet red onion rings. Dessert some slices of pear bread.
kadesma:)

Picked up some rock fish for the grill, corn on the cob and some broccoli (for Kathleen, I don't touch the stuff myself).

BBQ chicken legs. I was going to make some Hot Wings, but for the moment, legs are less expensive than wings!!! Probably due to their popularity.

Burger with cheese, pickle chips & ketchup on a poppy seed Kaiser Roll, mixed greens dressed with black olives & buttermilk ranch dressing and stuffed tomato.

img_918897_0_d7ff6256c77bfa5b6f7c6686bbc798ed.jpg

img_918897_1_db17e69f5aad89593b1a6a27b9949d02.jpg

Dirty-Rice and some veggies.

I'd include pictures but this is a family site and I don't want to get into trouble for posting "dirty" pictures. ;)

I finally made the Cuban sandwiches I've been lusting after since buying my griddle. Turned out pretty darned good, if I do say so myself. Thanks to everyone who wrote in to tell me it was yellow mustard; it gave the right vinegar-y flavor that I couldn't figure out!

I finally made the Cuban sandwiches I've been lusting after since buying my griddle. Turned out pretty darned good, if I do say so myself. Thanks to everyone who wrote in to tell me it was yellow mustard; it gave the right vinegar-y flavor that I couldn't figure out!

This alone is enough of a reason to spend money on a Cuisinart Griddler.

Claire, i've been checking different recipes to roast or some way to make pork for the sandwich, Did you cook your own ? I really want to do this right.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom