Wednesday's Dinner 7/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Shrimp Alfredo with Peas over Ziti...

Shrimp Alfredo with color 7-6-22.jpg

I mafe BBQ glaze for leftover spare ribs, slathered the glaze on both sided, sealed in foil, and popped in the oven for 30 minutes. Then, the foul was opened, allowing the glaze to set. Buttered corn on the cob was also served
It was tasty.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm thinking rotisserie chicken breasts (seasoning TBD), I've peeled and chopped up a bunch of yams (will toss them with Olive Oil, Cherry Balsamic Vinegar, Honey and a big bunch of "Ginny's Seasonings" -- not my own, a gift from friends), I'll roast them in the oven while the chicken turns (LOL)...likely a salad of sorts will round out the plate. It is nice to be back in the stick house kitchen.

DH isn't having any supper today, so I was on my own. I just had a leftover hotdog, some cole slaw, and a salami sandwich on knækbrød (crisp rye bread). I'm sure I will be snacking later on.

Farro with sweet potatoes and kale, orange drizzle. Watermelon. Nice cream, strawberry flavor, with cocoa nibs.

Everywhere I looked today, something or someone was telling me it was National Fried Chicken Day. We figured today would be a good day to try broasted chicken from the next restaurant in our area. Let's just say any one of your suppers was much better than ours. Dry, flavorless chicken with gummy patches under the breading. Potatoes with no flavor. Plenty of flavor in the coleslaw - mostly sour. Th corn was good - it was Green Giant Niblets from my pantry. I made chocolate ice cream today. It should be tasty.

IMG_20220706_202117422_HDR.jpg

Everywhere I looked today, something or someone was telling me it was National Fried Chicken Day. We figured today would be a good day to try broasted chicken from the next restaurant in our area. Let's just say any one of your suppers was much better than ours. Dry, flavorless chicken with gummy patches under the breading. Potatoes with no flavor. Plenty of flavor in the coleslaw - mostly sour. Th corn was good - it was Green Giant Niblets from my pantry. I made chocolate ice cream today. It should be tasty.

View attachment 52490
Darn, how disappointing. It looks delicious.

I poached a pound of shrimp and then we grazed. We ate it with cocktail sauce and had leftover salad. I also had a leftover meatball from Tuesday's dinner.

A hurry up dinner - 9 by 13 pan with frozen ravioli, bag of broccoli, jar of tomato sauce, and a bag of cheese. Layered and baked for an hour.

Back
Top Bottom